XCOM: Chimera Squad - Release Date: April 24

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
XCOM: Chimera Squad will be released on April 24:

XCOM: Chimera Squad

XCOM: Chimera Squad delivers an all-new story and turn-based tactical combat experience in the XCOM universe.

After years of alien rule, humanity won the war for Earth. But when the Overlords fled the planet, they left their former soldiers behind. Now, five years after the events of XCOM 2, humans and aliens are working together to forge a civilization of cooperation and coexistence.

Welcome to City 31, a model of peace in a post-invasion world. However, not all of Earth's inhabitants support interspecies alliance. Chimera Squad, an elite force of human and alien agents, must work together to destroy the underground threats driving the city toward chaos.

Your agents are unique: each of them equipped with special tactical abilities and driven by a different motivation for joining Chimera Squad. Deploy targeted team members to investigate and combat the dangers that pervade the districts of City 31. Lead Chimera Squad through a new experience that innovates on XCOM's turn-based legacy, utilizing strategy, teamwork, and new breach-and-clear gameplay to complete your mission objectives.

The future of City 31 depends on you.
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Now this one got me by surprise. I really didn't know Firaxis were working on a new XCOM2-based game.

Guess who's gonna buy it? Yep, you're right! :)

Last edited:
If timers are in and impossible to turn off, no buy from me.
If timers are in but there is an option or a mod to kill them off, instabuy.

I don't see anywhere that it requires anything. It looks like its standalone.

Cool concept. Just don't like what Firaxis did to the Turn Based Formula, which is why I will be passing here.

Wow, interesting and unexpected.

Part of the appeal of the x-com games was always the theme and mystery of them. This is going in a very different direction and won’t quite push those buttons. But the gameplay video still has promise and the breach phase part could be interesting.

Normally I’d wait and see but given the lock down, I may pick it up right away, especially as an x-com fan.

$20 makes me think this will be pretty flimsy. This is a company that routinely charges twice that for expansions. And the screenshot of the base interface makes it look very, very cheap.

A cheap expansion like this will definitely help the devs refine the genre further. They are sure to get plenty of feedback about what people like or don't that is for sure.

A cheap expansion like this will definitely help the devs refine the genre further. They are sure to get plenty of feedback about what people like or don't that is for sure.

The game isn't an expansion, it's a standalone game. You don't need XCOM2 in order to play it.

Last edited:

As Henrique said, not an expansion. This is more like what Ubisoft does with their Far Cry spinoffs.

If timers are in and impossible to turn off, no buy from me.
If timers are in but there is an option or a mod to kill them off, instabuy.

Why are you talking about timers? Did anyone say anywhere that the game is going to have timers?

I still have to play XCOM 2, so I don't know how this compares, but can anybody explain if this is still turn-based or if this is some new abomination?

I still have to play XCOM 2, so I don't know how this compares, but can anybody explain if this is still turn-based or if this is some new abomination?

Still turn-based, and I read that it's going to be individual turns based on initiative rather than group turns.

Also, the members you choose for your squad are pre-made (11 different characters), and the game takes place in one city rather than globally.

Hmm, at first glance it looks like pre-made characters... I am not much fan of that, but... 9.99 - pre-ordered! ;)

Back
Top Bottom