Horizon Zero Dawn - Release Date: August 7

I’m thinking of picking this one up. I didn’t grab it for my PS4 because I don’t do controller ranged combat.

I’m guessing it should release on time as I’m sure they won’t want to slip any closer to November.

Read a lot of good opinions from members on this site. I hope it's good.

Actually the only reason I bothered to check vids about this game back then when it was just an exclusive were:

C56AGGkWcAAskuz

C6A8W6FWYAA80BK

C-6-KsnWAAABt5a

91269414.jpg

A game that made CDpr compliment it and receive compliments back for the sidecontent matters philosophy?
Instabuy.

I'm replaying TW3 right now. I know it's a different game but let's see how HZD holds up against it.

(...)I didn’t grab it for my PS4 because I don’t do controller ranged combat.

At first, me too. But you can think of it as a manner to add tension to the combat.

I hope it will get a boxed release. I'm so much tired of download only releases these days. :( And it gets worse and worse … :(

But I fear that I'd have to get a new PC for that game first, anyway. :(

I own this in PS4, and I loved it. I'll likely buy it and replay it on PC simply because I'll be able to play at high FPS and aim my weapons properly with the mouse.

The game is really beautiful and plays very smoothly. It's nor perfect, of course. The gameplay gets a little repetitive after a while, but the plot, the challenge and aesthetics kept me chasing the next area and the next mission and I hope it will do so again.

At first, me too. But you can think of it as a manner to add tension to the combat.

Yeah the controller just seemed appropriate for the bow and arrow combat in this game. This isn’t a game where you just point and shoot on the go. Using the mouse would probably be easier but it might also loose something.

Kudos to you for being able to look at it that way. I however would just see it as frustration and play something else.

I hope it will get a boxed release. I'm so much tired of download only releases these days. :( And it gets worse and worse … :(

But I fear that I'd have to get a new PC for that game first, anyway. :(

Those days are gone. Let it go Alrik... let it go.

Yeah the controller just seemed appropriate for the bow and arrow combat in this game. This isn’t a game where you just point and shoot on the go. Using the mouse would probably be easier but it might also loose something.

I’m willing to risk it. :biggrin:

I'm definitely getting it. Good open-world post-apoc games are few and far between.

Ironically, I'll probably use my Dualshock 4 to play this. I'd probably prefer K+M, but I've been trying to keep the stress off my wrist whenever I can lately.

I think that's a good point. If the difficulty remains unchanged from the console version, using K+M could make some things feel redundant.

I'm definitely getting it. Good open-world post-apoc games are few and far between.

Ironically, I'll probably use my Dualshock 4 to play this. I'd probably prefer K+M, but I've been trying to keep the stress off my wrist whenever I can lately.

I think that's a good point. If the difficulty remains unchanged from the console version, using K+M could make some things feel redundant.

Played large chunk with controller and later replayed it later again with k+m convertor. When it was set up properly it was very close to actual feel of m+k on pc. For me it was big difference. Game didnt become too easy. Still chalenging, but much more fun. And Im not complete controller looser as controller is for example my first choice for Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro. I think this game will shine on pc if they do k+m support properly. If that will be case I will replay it on pc. And perhaps finish it this time.

Played large chunk with controller and later replayed it later again with k+m convertor. When it was set up properly it was very close to actual feel of m+k on pc. For me it was big difference. Game didnt become too easy. Still chalenging, but much more fun. And Im not complete controller looser as controller is for example my first choice for Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro. I think this game will shine on pc if they do k+m support properly. If that will be case I will replay it on pc. And perhaps finish it this time.

I'm glad you enjoyed it that way, but I'm sure the experience will vary from person to person.

I do agree that the clunkiness of a controller can add something, in some games. There's a certain satisfaction in developing the fine control to pull off difficult shots. I remember the satisfaction of sniping headshots in Golden Eye, with an N64 thumbstick.

I thought this meant you didn't like it. Glad to see I misinterpreted. :)

Now that you mentioned it… yes, one can interpret my comment as being ironic or sarcastic, and this was simply unintended. That in my previous post is a link to a H:ZD review thread that I created two years ago (and that CouchPotato skipped :p) intending to discuss the game. Don't be afraid to read the review, it's mostly spoiler-free. Also if anyone still wants to discuss the game there, please don't be shy, just necro the thread :)

Last edited:
Huh, seems really neat. Since I don't have a gaming console I just didn't care to learn anything about this game before. I'm looking forward to playing it some time in the future. Added it to my wishlist :)

Back
Top Bottom