Default Monster Hunter: World - Released

August 10th, 2018, 22:39
Your crying is a little loud, gonna shut the door for a bit

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

August 10th, 2018, 22:44
QED

A teenage girl couldn't roll her eyes as hard as I just did.

Anyway, back to the game!

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

August 13th, 2018, 14:42
China does not like it.
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/monst…iews-on-steam/
It appears that Monster Hunter World, while a commercial success for Capcom on the PC, has really damaged the company’s image, something that may affect its newer titles. After receiving numerous complaints from fans and at the request of the authorities, Tencent has permanently removed the game from WeGame.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)

August 13th, 2018, 16:58
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
China does not like it.
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/monst…iews-on-steam/
Technically, no games has been approved in China for release since last March, because they switched game regulation to the propaganda arm of the communist party (along movie regulation).

It seems that Tencent got MH:W approved *cough*paid bribes*cough*, but the government cancelled the approval 4 days after it was released because there is something in it they didn't like. Probably someone made a joke comparing Xi to something in the game…that's why Winnie the Pooh was banned in China.

China blocked Reddit a few days ago and the BBC website last month too, more will probably follow.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

August 13th, 2018, 19:10
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Other folks sure are happy to pay: https://www.pcgamer.com/monster-hunt…on-steam-ever/
Guess PC's are still popular then considering those numbers and that it was released on console months ago (according to the article).
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

August 13th, 2018, 19:36
With everything China is censoring; i'm amazed they haven't censored the censors yet…

Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Technically, no games has been approved in China for release since last March, because they switched game regulation to the propaganda arm of the communist party (along movie regulation).

It seems that Tencent got MH:W approved *cough*paid bribes*cough*, but the government cancelled the approval 4 days after it was released because there is something in it they didn't like. Probably someone made a joke comparing Xi to something in the game…that's why Winnie the Pooh was banned in China.

China blocked Reddit a few days ago and the BBC website last month too, more will probably follow.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

August 13th, 2018, 20:57
Weird, wonder why the Chinese government is being so tough on gaming regulations. They might want to direct some of that ire at the Trump administration and some of the new tariffs aimed at them.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

August 14th, 2018, 21:50
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, but then again I adore the series and dedicated a heavy amount of time to it on PS4.

Current specs are:

Win 10
i7 5820k
Zotac Amp Extreme GTX 980 Ti
32 GB ADATA RAM
Samsung Evo 860 SSD

So far it runs well on my machine. I believe the current Nvidia driver suffers from a major hitching problem where anyone that uses electric type weapons will have their game freeze for a tenth of a second or so. As you can imagine, bow users fire a lot of electric arrows, so this is very frequent. I've heard rolling back to the previous driver resolves this issue, however.

Additionally, the game does not utilize higher resolution settings as it should (water reflections are currently bugged), and sometimes causes corrupt saves upon completion of the game.

Aside from that, it's a great port. However, it is certainly not perfect.
--
~Watching since 2007~

Ragnaris

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

August 15th, 2018, 01:04
Are you playing with controller or kb/m ?

Originally Posted by Ragnaris View Post
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, but then again I adore the series and dedicated a heavy amount of time to it on PS4.

Current specs are:

Win 10
i7 5820k
Zotac Amp Extreme GTX 980 Ti
32 GB ADATA RAM
Samsung Evo 860 SSD

So far it runs well on my machine. I believe the current Nvidia driver suffers from a major hitching problem where anyone that uses electric type weapons will have their game freeze for a tenth of a second or so. As you can imagine, bow users fire a lot of electric arrows, so this is very frequent. I've heard rolling back to the previous driver resolves this issue, however.

Additionally, the game does not utilize higher resolution settings as it should (water reflections are currently bugged), and sometimes causes corrupt saves upon completion of the game.

Aside from that, it's a great port. However, it is certainly not perfect.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

August 15th, 2018, 02:19
Originally Posted by you View Post
Are you playing with controller or kb/m ?
Controller, specifically the Xbox One controller.
--
~Watching since 2007~

Ragnaris

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

August 15th, 2018, 14:47
@you they technically did censor the censors, they closed down the agency in charge of doing the censoring to give it to people working directly for the ruling party.

Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Weird, wonder why the Chinese government is being so tough on gaming regulations. They might want to direct some of that ire at the Trump administration and some of the new tariffs aimed at them.
Read this (finally English sources for it, months late though).
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

August 15th, 2018, 17:11
Well, it still sounds like a weird thing for a government to focus on so much, but I guess they all have their agendas.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Monster Hunter: World - Released