EA - Wants to "Regain the Trust" of PC Gamers

Aubrielle

Noveliste
EA has set off on a journey to "regain the trust of the PC gamer".

Thanks, 123.

Even years after the disastrous launches of games like SimCity and Battlefield 4, EA's poor reputation among many PC gamers still hasn't recovered all that much. EA Senior Marketing Director for Origin Peter O’Reilly seems to realize this, telling trade magazine MCV recently that the company is on a "journey to regain the trust of the PC gamer."

That means "ensuring a great play experience from launch," O'Reilly said, and indeed, online games like Battlefield: Hardline and Star Wars Battlefront have launched without the widespread server trouble reported on some previous EA titles. But O'Reilly also pointed to a number of consumer-focused programs as part of EA's trust-building attempts on the PC. Those include no-questions-asked refunds for games on Origin within seven days of purchase, free Origin game downloads as part of the "On the House" program, and the recently launched Origin Access subscription program that gives PC gamers access to older titles for $5 a month. "We’re excited about the progress we’ve made but are always pushing ourselves to innovate on behalf of players," O'Reilly said of those efforts.
More information.

More information.

*fixed*
EA - Wants to "Regain the Cash" of PC Gamers

"We’re excited about the progress we’ve made but are always pushing ourselves to innovate on behalf of players," O'Reilly said of those efforts.

REALLY?!

His entire pitch is about new things to sell us on Origin as if that makes things all better. Marketing totally owns this company. The real change we want to see is how they make games and release them and Star Wars Battlefront is not a good example to use of respecting your customers. That game might as well have been dead at launch given how little content there was. (guess that made it easier to release bug free!) Now they want to sell $50 content packs aka the Evolve model for said game ~ yeah right EA.

They have definitely improved. I don't understand why everyone says they're evil when they're simply trying to offer profits for their shareholders.

Oh no Jar Jar EA... not you again.

Trust my ass. EA has pulled off this shit one too many times on us. The boy who cried wolf.

They have definitely improved. I don't understand why everyone says they're evil when they're simply trying to offer profits for their shareholders.

They're not evil - just a poor value proposition for the consumer in terms of quality gaming plus the money model is a tad dodgy for some games. Basically they milk the cow too aggressively and the cow gets annoyed. You need soft hands EA ~ soft hands.

To EA:

You simply are not going to "regain the trust" of PC gamers.. Not going to happen..

If you wish to make a genuine attempt remove the Origin requirement for any past and future game sold on Steam. Double DRM sucks and while DRM of any sort sucks I chose Steam. If I buy it for my Steam library that is all the DRM you need..

Is this the part of the story where a company decides it needs to "reinvent itself"? Maybe they'll go full board trying to capture an emerging market. My guess would be... multiplayer virtual reality.

Wanna regain my trust? Remake Legacy of the Ancients in a modern engine with no massively multiplayer :D That's the last game I remember trusting EA.

Dismantle and destroy the Origin platform, be good and quiet for five years, be humble, then come talk to me, EA. I'll be waiting with a gun and a pack of sandwiches.

First, allow all regions to buy English versions of your games, then we will see.

Sounds like a lot of PR crap. I'll be happy however if they leave sub-companies under their wing such as BioWare to work in their full creative potential without the chains of forced deadlines, day-one DLCs and rushed products to cash in asap.

Dismantle and destroy the Origin platform, be good and quiet for five years, be humble, then come talk to me, EA. I'll be waiting with a gun and a pack of sandwiches.

Could not say it better. And if they are to that, their ridiculous protection schemes and more releases on GOG (DRM-free).

Why the frag the peeps in charge at the big companies don't understand that today, graphics are relatively irrelevant and content, good stories and characters and an entertaining gameplay are the things that count most?!

They're not evil - just a poor value proposition for the consumer in terms of quality gaming plus the money model is a tad dodgy for some games. Basically they milk the cow too aggressively and the cow gets annoyed. You need soft hands EA ~ soft hands.

They're not evil, in that case why is their name Evil Associations, at least that is what I thought EA stood for....

I will forgive them if they renew the C&C Generals 2 project :)

Will you ask steam to get rid of their DRM as well? Or are you saying you want EA to improve Origin platform and make it better as steam DRM platform?

Or are you asking both steam and Origin to go DRM free?

First step, offer Steam or DRM Free as an alternative.
Not going to use an additional Platform.

Back
Top Bottom