Gears Tactics - Review @TechRaptor

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gears Tactics has been reviewed favourably by TechRaptor.

The developers also tried to include the same types of epic boss encounters you'd see in the shooter games, which may or may not have been such a great idea. In theory, I love seeing the huge Brumak and Corpser terrorize my troops, but the limited movement options in these scenarios stretch the gameplay to its limits. This is especially true if you're playing on anything but the lowest difficulty since you're forced into using named characters that need to survive in order to continue. If I could use actual military tactics and throw more expendable troops into the fire, these fights might make more sense, but that's not the case. As is, these moments are the only points where the fun turned into frustration.

This attention to detail even extends to the presentation. None of it is crazy-impressive, but it does look exactly like you'd want a Gears game to look. Special shots zoom in to the same angles as the shooters, locations feel like bombed-out warzones, and that old guitar riff plays whenever you clear an enemy encampment. If you're looking for something, anything new out of the franchise, you may be disappointed, but that's not me. I'm happy to find a new way to enjoy the old tricks of 2006. The only thing that's different is the perspective, and that's a huge accomplishment in my eyes.

[...]
More information.

This is on my wishlist but I think it's very expensive so I'll be holding off until a good sale comes along.

If I had nothing else to play I may have considered buying it but as it stands I have too many games in my library which I have yet to play anyway.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

free for me with game pass:)

You could literally sign up for a month for what 15 dollars and play the game and unsubscribe...

Trying this on gamepass this week. I agree is seems outrageously overpriced for an outright buy... but probably worth it on gamepass or on sale eventually (for the PC only, gamepass is only $5 USD/month I think). That's a pretty good deal... I signed up a few weeks ago for only $1 for the first month and played through the Outer Worlds. Not bad for a buck.

Which game pass?

It's the Xbox game pass. That means you basically rent access to the game, similar to Netflix. If it runs out, you also wont be able to access it anymore.

It's the Xbox game pass. That means you basically rent access to the game, similar to Netflix. If it runs out, you also wont be able to access it anymore.

You literally complained about the length and then complain you won't be able to play anymore if you don't have game pass....I mean....really what would make you happy?

Phyiscal boxes I guess.

But if I can't get them, then I wait for a steam release for a decent price. Not going to split up my library.
Though technically, yeah…that wouldnt be splitting it up, as it's not even a library there.

Also the second was only an implicit complain. It basically was just a neutral description about what the Xbox gamepass is.

Well, it certainly depends on how you want to play and own games. I prefer to "own" them (I say that loosely as even on Steam it's not impossible such games could disappear at some point) but there are some (well, a lot of) games I know I'll just play once and not play again, so the Game Pass subscription has been more enticing than I thought it would be. I'm playing through a small handful of games there and then plan on cancelling.

Thanks.
I doubt I'll get that then. I take a long time to finish games

It got an excellent review from a good "old school" type youtube game reviewer.

I will put it on my steam wish list and buy it on a good sale sometime.

Watched it streamed (at least what could be endured)

This vid product sets a new record. The current trend in UgoIgo is to lard products with unnecessary animations (very surprising to read comments estimating a 25 hour lifespan as it would make this product a strong contender for the vid product requiring the less decisions ever) this one takes the cake.

Combat is wet and boss battles are anti climactic per excellence. Up to the point that suspiction exists this vid product was first designed for real time battles and had known a change in course.

Streamers are paid by staging themselves as having fun, streamers switched from XCOM to this one and rare event, streamers staged themselves as bored playing this stuff. They started to enumerate flaws they perceived. Very rare because usually, it is all shiny.

It got an excellent review from a good "old school" type youtube game reviewer.

Good old school player who holds the line.

Chien, I seriously have no idea why you think streamers and their reactions ares o important to if a game is good or not....

Back
Top Bottom