Risen automatic walk, first person on/off, console on/off

BlueForce

Traveler
hello RISEN-Fans !

i made a small prog, which makes RISEN more comfortable.

new functions:
- automatic walking
- console on/off with one key
- first-person-perspective on/off with one key (experimental)

here I have published it:
http://www.worldofrisen.de/index.php?section=download&id=61
an english readme is included !

Have fun,

hope you'll like it :)
i am happy for feedback

cool, you're using Autohotkey too! i wrote a small script myself for 'auto-run'. quite tiring to press 'w' all the time. :)

Code:
; "Always Run" mode
; Send w continuously if 'r' key is pressed
; Press 'w' to stop
~r::
Loop
{
Send, {w down}
Sleep 250
If !GetKeyState("w", "U")
  Break
}
Return

cool, you're using Autohotkey too! i wrote a small script myself for 'auto-run'. quite tiring to press 'w' all the time. :)

Code:
; "Always Run" mode
; Send w continuously if 'r' key is pressed
; Press 'w' to stop
~r::
Loop
{
Send, {w down}
Sleep 250
If !GetKeyState("w", "U")
  Break
}
Return

Yes, and i like that you can create exe-files from scripts that run alone :)

a question...

Hi BlueForce… Thank you for sharing this here - and I have a question…
I want to ask how "experimental" is the first person view?…is it bugged? does it cause crashes? is it still incomplete? is it incompatible with Risen's combat mechanics (enemy focusing and all…)?

EDIT:Thanks for the reply... sounds good...I'll download now :)

Last edited:
Hi BlueForce… Thank you for sharing this here - and I have a question…
I want to ask how "experimental" is the first person view?…is it bugged? does it cause crashes? is it still incomplete? is it incompatible with Risen's combat mechanics (enemy focusing and all…)?
it is not officially supported by the developer, so they dont give guarantee if errors occur etc. anyway, I did not experience any errors until now :)

And I only sometimes switch to First Person to enjoy landscape etc. For fighting its better to switch back to standard view.

Thanks for this, looking forward to trying it. :)

BlueForce this works great, you should consider making one of these for the complete Gothic series. :)

I can't seem to find the Default setting for Camera Distance, allowing me to set it to the Max Zoom Out after Conversations, Bow Zoom Ins and Buried Treasure Animations. Any chance you could add a script to this program, to Force the Camera out to a Specific Setting? I think the Default Max Distance is 500, it would be nice to Snap Back to your previous setting after NPC conversations. You could offer a couple settings like 250 and 500.

Thanks.

BlueForce this works great, you should consider making one of these for the complete Gothic series. :)

I can't seem to find the Default setting for Camera Distance, allowing me to set it to the Max Zoom Out after Conversations, Bow Zoom Ins and Buried Treasure Animations. Any chance you could add a script to this program, to Force the Camera out to a Specific Setting? I think the Default Max Distance is 500, it would be nice to Snap Back to your previous setting after NPC conversations. You could offer a couple settings like 250 and 500.

Thanks.
Hi Acleacius

thanks for feedback :)

I have deinstalled Gothic, so I cant test for these games :biggrin:

yes the distance is changed after conversations. a small game-bug to my mind.

I dont know the console-command to change the distance ingame. And if I knew it, its difficult to detect when a conversation ends, to start the change of the distance. And if I knew that, the switching might look ugly, because the console has to be opened, like the switching to First-Person.

Maybe the Piranhas fix this in the next patch ?!?!

anyway, enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom