Risen Possible to get into water?

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Has anyone gotten into the files enough yet to disable the automated cutscene, when you try to get into the water?

Personally I don't care if there is no Swimming animation or if it just looks like we are walking on water, though it would obviously be cool if we could swim under water, as in Gothic. I really believe it's in the game, just not sure anyone has discovered how to yet.

Thanks for any tips. :)

I doubt it. Why would they create an animation for something they didn't plan to have in the game?

It would have been great though, and I still don't understand why they chose not to have it.

Time constraints, well Animation is a different department it's possible it could have been done and in code but not time to Q&A. Even if it didn't have animation enabled we could go into FP mode, so it could still be viable. I just really don't like their solution of getting to close to deep water, it's annoying.

It's probably the same reason instead of having Dialog with an NPC once the quest is done, you just can clicky them. Iirc in Gothic series you could still start dialog but you just might get something like "Any news?".

No spoiler, I once helped someone who begged for life and death help, once I helped, I clicky on them again, then they yelled at me "Don't bother me!". :biggrin:

I did get in the water by jumping off a cliff or two. I just bobbed around for a min and then a cut scene to washing up on a beach but my character did a good job of gargling sea water :)

I suspect you can't swim because otherwise you could escape from the town in chapter 1 - or get into the town without bribing the guard.

It could be but there are several ways to get out without swimming anyway, but that's a Spoiler section discussion. Technically it's two Triggers, which I believe are activated in the World and inside the Cutscene. The World Trigger causes the Cutscene and the end of the Cutscene causes the Death or Washed Ashore results, well imo.

Back
Top Bottom