The Science Thread

The human intestine may provide up to 10 percent of blood cells in circulation from its own reservoir of blood-forming stem cells, a surprising new study from researchers at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons has found.

Scientists had previously thought that blood cells are created exclusively in the bone marrow from a special population of hematopoietic stem cells.
Source

Finally something I didn'r know…. Ahem… Cough….I WAS JOKING!!!!

Now, this is very interesting. It definitely will affect our understanding of blood production. It raises several fundamentall questions, among those are:

1. Are there any differences between the two populations of stem cells?
  2. Could this discovery also provide better treatment of autoimmune diseaes (where the body attacks it's own tissues)?
  3. Could it affect our understanding and treatment of leukemias (yes there are many).
  4. Other questions (Making the list complete).

pibbur who say thanks to the ever watching eye.

Last edited:
Always been partial to SpiderPig instead.:lol:

Or the spiderthing:
d29007834ce0b57eabf4be4fadb4f1d0.jpg

pibbur who is also reminded of facehuggers. And who of course should not have posted this (yeeeech!).

I'm sure Donald won't belive it….

Yes, the conspiracy of all the world's scientists has now been joined by all the world's major investors. And I wonder who's behind it…

Last edited:
Narcisstic investors won't believe that. They believe only in what they get while they live. "After us the Apocalypse."
In the end it's human psychology destroying our planet, I believe.

New York's sky was blue due to a power transformer explosion.

Link - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/28/nyregion/transformer-explosion-con-ed.html
So why was the sky that color?

O. K., let’s get our Bill Nye on.

When an electrical current moves through air in an electrical arc, it alters the molecules in the air, charging them with energy, splitting them into atoms and ionizing them. Electrons, excited by the extra energy, get separated from their atoms. The result is a plasma, or charged gas.

When the electrons and ions in a plasma recombine, the atoms glow and emit visible light. The same process is behind fluorescent light bulbs, neon signs and lightning. In all those cases, the color of the light is characteristic of the elements and atoms involved.

On Thursday, when the electrical arc ripped apart oxygen and nitrogen molecules in the air, the light was a surreal blue. (Da ba dee, da ba da.)

The flash continued for as long as there was power to supply it. Once the faulty equipment stopped emitting an electrical current, New York’s brief close encounter ended.

That's exactly the kind of explanation they would use to cover up alien interference. :tinfoil:

That's exactly the kind of explanation they would use to cover up alien interference. :tinfoil:
My first thought was is this a joke?

Reminded me of a scene from the movie Independence Day

Folding/portable buildings give new meaning to mobile homes.

Requiring no machinery, labor, or a foundation, Ten Fold’s buildings unfurl like an accordion in under ten minutes and just as easily fold back in on itself for easy transport on a truck bed. All that’s required is a hand-held, battery-powered drill.

Even more impressive is its size. Each structure pops open to three times its transport size to 64 square meters, or approximately 689 square feet. There’s even 20 square meters (about 215 square feet) of space to store furniture or other equipment in transit. Internal walls can be moved and arranged according to preference, making it highly adaptable. They can also be stacked and have the potential to go fully off-grid by way of solar panels.
Only catch is they cost approximately $129,000.o_o

I hate rats, big or small. Can’t say I feel sorry for the creature.
Though I usually care about animals.

Back
Top Bottom