Kingmaker Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Good to hear azarhal! I'm watching the Rams Vikings game, so I'm not playing yet. Off tomorrow though....

Did it require nerfing ?

From my point of view, the two tutorial fights they nerfed didn't need it. The fear effect is annoying (but funny the first time) and the fight wasn't unwinnable without it. The monster change before the camping tutorial seem rather pointless, you'll camp anyway.

I don't mind them removing/nerfing some of the damage immunities and regeneration on easy/story mode.

For the boss with the reduced DR, the original DR10 was a bit much for level 2 I think, even if you could win it still. I personally haven't fought it yet, but that's where my party is going next so I get the nerfed version (boooo!).

The bug with random encounters rolling that resulted in things too higher for the party I never encounter before the patch, so I can't say how that affect things.

edit: Did the boss that original had DR10, with level2 party, he had DR0. He hits like a truck though, but went down easy, he doesn't have much HP.

Last edited:
I don't think the game required nerfing. Someone else also mentioned it in one of the thread but basically, people complaining the game is too hard but refusing to lower the difficulty setting is just plain dumb and stupid.

Ok, just beat the final boss with just under 60/90 days left (timer).

Anyone know if the map stays same or can I not reach some locations anymore after becoming baroness??

Ok, just beat the final boss with just under 60/90 days left (timer).

Anyone know if the map stays same or can I not reach some locations anymore after becoming baroness??

You can visit that area and more as baroness. You can backtrack, explore new areas and more.

Hotfix 1.0.3 (no hotfix tomorrow, devs are getting a break, they are working a bigger patch for next week though).

Hiring custom adventurers was fixed.

I decided to wait on a full playthrough at least until all the hotfixes are out. I haven't encountered any significant bugs, the most serious one is that every time I quit the game it crashes which would be no problem except the next time I launch the game it goes through the "first time loading, please wait a bit longer" routine. I just don't want to run into something gamebreaking in the middle of my playthrough as that would ruin my fun. Otherwise, 8-9/10 game from my perspective.

Mine crashes on exit too. Any way to fix that @azarhal; or others?

As far as I know, the "first time loading, please wait a bit longer" is always there when you load the game, it's not related to crashes or issues.

I'm not crashing on exit, but I always use "exit to desktop". One person on Steam said he crashed on exit from the game menu, but not from the game via the "exit to desktop".

I'm also crashing on exit, I thought Owlcat would have fixed this, it was there since beta :( but that's the only crash I've experienced so far.

As far as I know, the "first time loading, please wait a bit longer" is always there when you load the game, it's not related to crashes or issues.

I'm not crashing on exit, but I always use "exit to desktop". One person on Steam said he crashed on exit from the game menu, but not from the game via the "exit to desktop".

If the crash still makes the "first time loading" appear, it doesn't matter much to me. It crashes everytime I use exit to desktop but it doesn't affect anything much that I can tell.

Well, I'm a happy camper now that I can create a custom companion or two. I'm running a full 6 person party, plus my pet. I created a Magus for a little firepower and have been doing a lot of exploration. I've run into the evil gnome a few times and I've run into one bandit that had an item that was wanted at Oleg's. My Sacred Huntsmaster is level 4 and I picked up Harrim the cleric.

Well, I'm a happy camper now that I can create a custom companion or two. I'm running a full 6 person party, plus my pet. I created a Magus for a little firepower and have been doing a lot of exploration. I've run into the evil gnome a few times and I've run into one bandit that had an item that was wanted at Oleg's. My Sacred Huntsmaster is level 4 and I picked up Harrim the cleric.

Nice. I have Harrim wielding a massive trollkiller Axe and buffed his CON and AC. He's a decent front line fighter at level 6.

Wow, that first mission in chapter 2 (spider related one) was one tough encounter. Moving onto troll quest now. So much things happening, I'm buzzing with excitement!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom