Thought about installing Tapatalk?

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
Have y'all thought about installing tapatalk on the site? vBulleting is supported with their API. I'm doing more and more of my browsing on my phone and wife's tablet and Tapatalk makes forum browsing a much, much better experience on those devices. It doesn't cost anything for the site (they make thier money on people buying the apps for their devices).

I don't have any problems with the site browsing on my iPhone.
Everythig is small, yes, but that's iPhone.

In fact I despise iOS versions of certain sites. For example, imdb.com or rottentomatoes.com iPhone versions are plain stitte.

I don't have any problems with the site browsing on my iPhone.
Everythig is small, yes, but that's iPhone.

In fact I despise iOS versions of certain sites. For example, imdb.com or rottentomatoes.com iPhone versions are plain stitte.

It's not so much a phone specific version of a site so much as it is an interpreter for the site. I didn't see what the big deal was at first, but after I happen to get the app for free, I started using it for avsform.com and shaggybevo.com and I will never go back. It really makes browsing a forum on a phone or tablet a joy.

I use Tapatalk for some other forums and agree it would be a cool feature to have here.

The watch forums are more or less OK to read on the iPhone, but I wouldn't mind the optional convenience, if it is easy to implement.

I added Tapatalk support.
It works for me, but let me know if it doesn't for you.

Awesome! Tried it out on my Android device and it seems to be working. Thanks Myrthos!

Very nice, easy to read and use. Almost better than on the PC ;)

Unfortunately having issues with my tapatalk on my phone. Every time I search for a forum (any forum) I get zero results.

It took me almost four months to get this implemented just because you asked for it. Now don't tell me you are not going to use it :)

It actually took little over an hour to get it working, but it took me all this time to get started on it.....
Now it is there, I must say Tapatalk works rather nice.

Don't worry, I'll get it sorted out! Looks like my version is pretty old and because I got it outside the google play store (I think from getjar), it seems not to be able to update automatically.

Can anyone tell me what category RPGWatch is under? Since my search is not working, trying to find it manually. I've loked uner Games-->PC, Games-->Other, and Games-Tabletop/Roleplaying Games and not seen it.

I checked but didn't see a way in the tapatalk app to find out. I found that RPGcodex is in games/PC, but if the watch is there as well, it must be far down the list. But I am not gonna scroll through 2000 forums to check. I just searched "rpgwatch" and it was found immediately (iphone).

I can read the forums and the site fine without tapatalk on my iPhone. It's like $4? No thanks.

Agreed. But now, whenever i enter the forums I'm spammed with a prompt informing me that tapatalk is supported and would I like to start using it? On my ipad. Don't like that, and sadly I don't know how to get rid of said prompt.

Pibbur who

I don't know. I only got it once. Not sure what the setting for that is, but I'll check.

I think I have seen the message twice. It does not always pop up when I open RPGwatch. I just tried, and it doesn't come up now, not even after closing the tab and completely restarting the browser. Not sure what triggers it.

I checked but didn't see a way in the tapatalk app to find out. I found that RPGcodex is in games/PC, but if the watch is there as well, it must be far down the list. But I am not gonna scroll through 2000 forums to check. I just searched "rpgwatch" and it was found immediately (iphone).

I like Tapatalk. A couple of the gaming forums I go to no longer notify of a posting to a thread I'm involved with. Tapatalk notifies me of all the threads I'm involved in so the 4 dollars was worth it for me.

OTOH, Thank Ghan for the tip on getting rpgwatch. I searched and did not find it. But now I will just search directly for the site. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom