Sacred 2 - Tips?

Doubt so. Your survival bonus will keep going up though. Well, until you DIE.

Trelow you recently got blood and ice?If you are playing on hardcore be careful in ice plains(1 of 2 new optional zones in ice and blood) Ice phoenix boss at the end of is arguably hardest boss in S2 he can one shot squishy characters and he can easily melt down tanks.

I posted this over in the off-topic forum but I thought I'd post it here as well.

it's actually quite amazing to me how much content is hidden or secret in Sacred 2. It's like, you can follow the main quest and miss about 75% of the content in the game. I'm not kidding. It seems like around every corner there's either a cave, a small village, a house or 2, a random quest, some barrels to loot, etc. It's crazy. And the main quest didn't send you there. The game expects you to explore and find it all yourself.

Just today me and my dad found a random dragon lair in the middle of nowhere. We weren't even questing for it at the time, we just happened to come across this cave in the mountains (and it was very far away from where we were "supposed" to be). We went in and what do you know, a boss level Dragon is sitting in the middle of it. After nearly dying to it we killed it and got over 10,000 exp for it. And there were 2 huge chests with some high level loot tucked away in the corner of the roost.

It's just staggering how much of this optional side content is hidden in Sacred 2. It really rewards exploration. All you have to do is see the grey area on your map, go there, and there's no telling what you'll find. One small grey area on the map could turn into hours of adventure. It's nuts.

It's just staggering how much of this optional side content is hidden in Sacred 2. It really rewards exploration. All you have to do is see the grey area on your map, go there, and there's no telling what you'll find. One small grey area on the map could turn into hours of adventure. It's nuts.

IIRC there are 600+ side quests in S2+several bosses unrelated to any quest(mostly dragons).

No, I don't think that includes the expansion. On the back of the box I have it says 600 quests in the game and I don't own the expansion. Staggering.

My dad and I have done 40% of them so far and got an achievement for it. A bunch of them are tucked away in the far corners of the map. I love finding new ones just through exploration.

Last edited:
Expansion adds few dozen of quests.On one character I even manage to do them all(at least I think I did)took me around 70 or more hours with High elf that can clear waves of enemies very fast with her AoE abilities.Also first chapter has most quests(around 150).

$10 is an absolute steal for this game. 6 races that are unique and each of them you can play for hundreds of hours on 5 different difficulty levels. Definitely worth the asking price.

I paid $10 for the Xbox 360 version a year ago. I love buying cheap games :)

Speaking of good deals on Steam…

Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition is on sale as well. The package includes the addon Pirates of the Flying Fortress and is priced at 15 USD.

While the game might not be for everyone, the price should be enticing enough for people to check out :)

The sheer number of quests in this game is, as Warmark said, mind-blowing. Usually, i like to be a little bit more in-touch w/ my quests - i read/listen to everything, try and find things on my own instead of looking for a map marker. Not w/ this game, after a while it's simply click on the NPC w/ the question mark, get the general gist of the quest, then move on to the nearest map marker (there's clusters of them everywhere!).

At least the world is interesting to explore. That's one thing the Sacred games have always had over the competition, a wide-open world to explore. You arent simply herded from closed-in sector after sector, the game world is totally open for you to explore and there's cool stuff spread out all over the place.

I am finding quite a few problems w/ bugs tho. Nothing serious yet (knock on wood) but for instance I find that suddenly I cannot sell, or even equip anything. I reload the game, everything works fine. Suddenly the map doesnt work anymore, i reload the game, and it works again. It wouldnt be such an annoyance if the game put you right back where you were, but when you reload youre plopped back on your last respawn marker. It also takes a while to load up, doesnt help.

I'm playing the Xbox version and have had little bugs. Sometimes I can't sell an item but when I click the next item to sell, both of the items sell. Strange.

One really annoying bug I had though is when certain areas of the map turn yellow on my map screen even though I haven't fully explored them. That is a problem to me because it makes it hard to figure out where you've been when the whole area is already marked as cleared on your map.

Other than those little things though it's been fine. Maybe the PC version is worse.

. It wouldnt be such an annoyance if the game put you right back where you were, but when you reload youre plopped back on your last respawn marker.

There is quick save button that will save you exactly where you are.Also do you have ice and blood instaled?For me it fixed all bugs remained in 2.40(last patch before expansion).

oh, the quick save is good to know. I just saw the "save and exit" option on hitting escape.
I know it may sound like heresy to some, but I'm kinda enjoying this game more than D3. Im cruising around on a mount doing mounted combat. Total customization of the abilities, combos that save some clicks in the heat of the moment. Wide open map.Lots of armor option and style, customizatin w/ forging. The rune system leaves open some customization and tweakng.

oh, the quick save is good to know. I just saw the "save and exit" option on hitting escape.
I know it may sound like heresy to some, but I'm kinda enjoying this game more than D3. Im cruising around on a mount doing mounted combat. Total customization of the abilities, combos that save some clicks in the heat of the moment. Wide open map.Lots of armor option and style, customizatin w/ forging. The rune system leaves open some customization and tweakng.

Well I am huge fan of ARPGs I have more than 500+ hours with Titan quest(mostly with mods) 200+ hours with S1/2 and D2 each and I didn't buy D3 nor do I have intent to do it at any point.Very limited character building options,and lack of skill tree makes D3 no deal for me.I enjoy making interesting and complex builds and playing with stats.From mechanic standpoint and character building TQ significantly better but as already being said S2 has bigger, open and more interesting world to explore thing I hope to see in ARPGs more often (grim dawn promised such thing let's hope it delivers).Also S3 isn't being developed by same guys so while I don't know what quality game will be I doubt it will be done with same amount of enthusiasm(600+ quests,hundreds of graves each with it's on unique inscription dozens of lore book including orcish cookbook).

For anyone who's playing Sacred 2 on PC, and owns the Ice & Blood expansion, highly recommend to download and use the community patch.
It fixes a lot of bugs, adds new sets, weapons, bosses and some very funny questlines to the game.

Sacred 2 - camera angle trick

One thing that I dont like about the game is that the view,its slightly too low. When zoomed down to almost over-the-shoulder its slightly off, youre basically staring at the ground. When zoomed fully in you can barely see anything that isnt downhill, i wanted to play the game in 3rd person at times. I spent a couple hours, painfully trying out setting after setting in the config file, and came up w/ the right configuration to have it perfectly 3rd person behind the player when zoomed in like an action game, and back out to long view when zoomed out. You have way more control over the depth w/ this setting, ive been playing about 3 hours like this and it works good. The model textures for the game are awesome, i'm surprised how good things look close-up and in this view.

It's only one number in the config file, it's very easy to change. It makes riding around on a mount a lot more fun, using wasd, riding around w/ my druid picking things off w/ the blowgun is great!

So basically, see the pics below and if you want to try it, I'll post the settings here.

go into the config file at c:\Documents and Settings\SharpStick\Local Settings\Application Data\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2\options.txt

save your original, then alter away. I tried making the optionsCustom as the file header says, but it didnt work so I just decided to use the original and make a backup.

So anyways, edit the setting:
cam1_rotx_min = -0.48,

set it as shown, turn it down to to:
cam1_rotx_min = -0.15,

Enjoy the game in 3rd person!
Watch out tho, it can get dangerous quick if youre not used to it.

Attachments

• big_0008.jpg
    big_0008.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 23
  • big_0010.jpg
    big_0010.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 23
  • big_0012.jpg
    big_0012.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Those pics look like they show more of the terrain rather then being right on top of your character which is what the default camera looks like. Good stuff man.

In couch co-op mode the game forces you to play on the most zoomed out camera setting. I wish we could zoom in sometimes though.

And yeah, ranged combat in this game is a lot of fun. I am playing as a Seraphim specializing in Sword Weapons but I also have Ranged Weapons and I use a legendary bow at the moment. It's a lot of fun picking off enemies from range, sometimes they aren't even on the screen and I'm killing them because I see them on the map. Cool stuff.

How do you use the quick save in Sacred 2? I'm playing on the PC, if that makes a difference. Enjoying the game so far, about level 8, one thing I find is that there seems to be a lot of respawn....does that happen throughout the entire game?

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom