Incognita - Pre-Order and Get Early Access

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Klei Entertainment announces that Icognita is now available for pre-order with immediate access to the alpha. They have also released a new alpha trailer.

What Does "Early Alpha Access" Mean?

Incognita is currently in ALPHA, which means that we are still in the early stages of development. At this time, we have the core mechanic of turn-based espionage, but the major features and content of the game are still being implemented. We expect the game to change significantly as we test and release new updates, and as much as we try to keep them out, we’re expecting bugs along the way.

For more info on what we mean by "Alpha" and estimates system requirements, please check out this post on the Klei Community Forums.

By pre-ordering Incognita you’ll also get access to all future Alpha and Beta builds as well as a copy of the final released game. Keeping this in mind, we’d love to hear your thoughts on the game as we work towards release in 2014!

Please note, the Alpha is currently only available for Windows PC. Other platform details to come.
More information.

Last edited:
Wait, is that the Shadowrun Returns game engine they're using?

There using Unity as it's the go to engine for indie developers now.
Same engine or not, looks a lot like a SR:R adventure…
Well the game has been in development for a while now. If I pointed at every game that looked and played the same we would be here all day.

I don't mind anyway as it looks promising.:)

This is much more stealth focused. I'll but it when it's done, I really enjoyed their previous game "Mark of the Ninja".

There using Unity as it's the go to engine for indie developers now.

True, but presumably they have a lot of choice in how they employ the Unity engine. The art and presentation styles just seem markedly similar.

Well the game has been in development for a while now. If I pointed at every game that looked and played the same we would be here all day.

Isn't everybody here all day? ;)

I have seen several Unity based games and they looked totally different then each other but this definitely looks very similar to Shadowrun Returns.

Isn't everybody here all day? ;)
No I just pop in every hour or so.;)
I have seen several Unity based games and they looked totally different then each other but this definitely looks very similar to Shadowrun Returns.
I guess I should get used to people saying this. It's just like the posters from the Balrum threads calling that game a Eschalon rip-off.

There was longer video(it was covered in news start skip video to around 7:30 thats where gameplay starts) not long ago, and gameplay looks nothing like shadowrun.It looks pretty unique but I would prefer game persistent campaign in this case, not roguealike.

Awesome style!

That trailer was excellent! I loved the cutting back and forth from animation to gameplay. Will definitely keep this on my radar.

I guess I should get used to people saying this. It's just like the posters from the Balrum threads calling that game a Eschalon rip-off.

Okay, I never said "rip-off" and there's really no need to imply that. :) Instead I just suggested that they have very similar styles. That may suggest collaboration, the common work of a particular artist, or it may just mean they are sharing the same assets. Personally I'm fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom