Turn of millennium freeware games

kazga

Watchdog
Felling a bit nostalgic for my gaming days in early 2000s (let's say 2000-2005), not so much for real life when my family was in dire financial situation and some tragedies befell me.
Browsing the web in search of random freeware, here are some games from those times I enjoyed most. Please share your own.

Santa Claus in trouble (2002)
Play Santa, collect presents and fall into endless abyss. Quite fun.
big_2.jpg

Frozen fruits (2005)
Puzzle arkanoid style platformer with great music (basically a collection of tunes the developer found on web). Loads of fun.
fruitsscreen.jpg

Generally (2002)
Moddable top down racing game, I remember it having a gazillion user made tracks.
generally01.jpg

N (2004)
Tough as nails flash platformer, I completed about 1/4 of levels. I haven't played the newer N+ and N++ (yet).
n-game-big.jpg

Santa Claus in Trouble... I've forgotten about this game. That is, until I saw the latest Ross Scott video and now this post. I remember my brother and I downloading it through dial up for hours. It was from one of those shady free games sites that were a dime a dozen at the time. The game is a bit garbage, but god damn it we spent our whole evening downloading it andwe were going to play it no matter what!

Santa Claus in Trouble… I've forgotten about this game.

It even has a sequel.
Two more.

Knytt stories (2007)
Not exactly turn of millenium but it should be mentioned. Cute platformer with lots of user made levels.
dims

Alchemy (2001)
Old popcap game. Close to freeware (the online version was fully playable except for a few features IIRC).
131370_2_4.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom