The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread - Page 374 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

December 4th, 2020, 15:08
Better news :

DDO Store Sales: December 3rd - 10th
Rise Again!
Get 20% off:
Select Reincarnation Items
Healing Items
Spell Point Potions
Quest Elixirs
Now through December 10th!

December Deals Begin!
Week 1 brings you:
35% off Masterminds of Sharn in the DDO Market
50% off Dragonborn and the Inquisitive Universal Enhancement Tree
75% off Ruins of Gianthold

Weekly Coupon
Bell of Opening
Coupon Code OPENBELL

I hear the Jester is arriving tonight on the forums, but yup, as of today the coins are dropping! Expect to see the Jester of Festivult in-game starting next week, probably something like next Wednesday or Thursday after a small patch.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

December 5th, 2020, 00:42
Although Alrik's a first lifer and doesn't really need the XP, if we ran the Harbor 2's and such without him he'd miss out on a good bit of coin lords favor that he wants.

Sounds like we should run the lvl9/10 alts, then.
--
Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Shoulda said no to Dak / / Detroit Red Wings: 2021 Suckitude Tour

dteowner

Shoegazer

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

December 5th, 2020, 21:36
Thank you for changing your plans.

The house where my grandparents had lived, and which was inherited by their son, my father, is decided to be sold by my parents.
So I took what I could get - mostly things with nice memories on them - and drove ghome with the car of my parents … I really have no idea when it will be sold, but the one who wants to buy it has lready said that he wants to demolish it.
So I rescued lots of old or even ancient photos, letters, and even more anccient ttoys and board games and books.
A relative (she's the daughter of a brother of my grandmother) came by and took a few items for her family as well.

So, at least most important stuff is "rescued", inclusive a Maria statuette ca. half a metre high. There is the habit - or rather : has been, since young people usually don't do this anymore - to have a small niche in the houses for Maria statuettes which look down on the street from their standing point (usually high above). There is often glass to protect them. I suspect that "our" Maria statue is such a "protective" statue, but even my grandmother couldn't tell me where this statuette was from when she lived.
In the village where I was, I looked up - and found instantly 2 or 3 building which still have these "protective statuettes" (I assume that they were meant to be for protection).

And now I'm tired.

Thank you, once again.

Edit : Found an Wikipedia entry : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausfigur

A plan for the winter events : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…=1#post6384423
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; December 5th, 2020 at 21:49.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 9th, 2020, 19:44
They did a fix patch, not real long but plan on several minutes to update. And read release notes, it is about augments and fixing slots ect.
--
Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

December 9th, 2020, 20:37
Thread about the update : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…astern-(-5-GMT)

The Patch Notes : https://www.ddo.com/en/update-48-patch-2-release-notes

Special note on what the patch does with old items : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…=1#post6385664

Originally Posted by Steelstar
New copies of these items will not drop with Augments in their slots, but are otherwise unchanged. Where they had slotted augments, they now have empty slots.

We ran into significant implementation problems when trying to configure these legacy items to work with our new preslotting tech. While we would liked to have kept these in place, we wanted to make sure that the new Augment system works consistently game-wide, and that meant removing the preslotted augments from these legacy items.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 10th, 2020, 23:56
I'm working down south tomorrow, and definitely working Saturday, whether I work at my home lab or south I'm not sure. So I may be late, and will have to cut out early.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to azraelck

December 11th, 2020, 03:38
Since it's Harbor 2's, we'll probably get done pretty quickly. For that matter, you could probably catch up on your own if it really came down to it. We'd save the level 3 chains (Gatekeeper, Waterworks) for next session if necessary.
--
Dallas Cowboys: Shoulda said no to Dak / / Detroit Red Wings: 2021 Suckitude Tour

dteowner

Shoegazer

December 11th, 2020, 07:44
Looks like I'll be a little late arriving as I have an important phone call coming through just as the game is scheduled to start. I'll be there as quickly as I can be. Sorry.
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

December 14th, 2020, 22:22
If you want a great winter-themed screenshot from DDO, then look at this : https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/fi…nshotwk491.jpg

I took it from the current DDO Chronicle : https://www.ddo.com/en/news/ddo-chronicle-issue-406
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 15th, 2020, 22:21
… A video about the "House Of Pain" puzzle … https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…of-Pain-puzzle
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 18th, 2020, 20:09
Apparingly, according to the forums, that Twitsch session revealed that there are changes to bows coming : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…=1#post6388060

Here are thoughts about it, based on pen & paper rules : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…=1#post6388122
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 19th, 2020, 01:31
Xmas day I'll be headed south to my brother's house for dinner. I doubt anyone will be on that day anyway, being xmas, but I doubt I'll make it back in time for the session if it happens.

January 15th I have a class going from 5:30-8:30pm, so I will be out that night. I'll try to remember to remind everyone later.

I've also only had 4 hours of sleep, if that, so I may be walking into walls fairly quickly. Work was rained out tomorrow though, so there is that.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

December 19th, 2020, 01:53
I won't be playing next week either; have lots of people coming over. I think we cancel.
--

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

December 19th, 2020, 06:25
Next week is called off. If anyone has time to burn late Christmas Day, there might be a little catch-as-catch-can but I wouldn't count on anyone.

The following week (New Year's Day) is TBD for now. As we get closer and people's plans start coming together, please drop a note here. We'll see what makes sense.
--

dteowner

Shoegazer

December 19th, 2020, 15:26
Underlane Assignments crests : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…tions-SPOILERS
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 25th, 2020, 17:39
Just in case anyone is playing :

DDO Store Sales: December 24th - 31st
Store More Loot!
Get 20% off:
Character Banks
Shared Bank, Deposit Box, and Plat Storage
Inventory Space
Bags
Now through December 31st!

December Deals: The final week!
Now through December 31st, get:
35% off the Universal Action Point Tome +1
50% off White Plume Mountain Bonus Items and the Soul Splitter Adventure Pack
75% off Veteran Status

Double Bonus Points are back!
Get twice the Bonus Points in the DDO Store through January 3rd!

Available for a limited time: +2 Racial Action Point tomes!
Now through January 3rd.

Otto's Boxes are back!
Now through January 3rd.

Weekly Coupon
Critical Heal Potion x10
Coupon Code TENCRITHEAL
DDO Bonus Days bring you a +20% Cannith Crafting XP Boost, now through December 27th!
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 27th, 2020, 00:17
Finally ! I made it !
I did Amber Temple aka Sealed In Amber today ! I
I needed several hours for that, unfortunately. I think it was 3. Mainly because I was soloing everything through € The only thing I really missed was that "lookout" how how the Wiki calls it €

The only named loot I got from that was a Barovian repeater, but I think that it's okay. Of course I prefer something as named loot which changes the look a bit.

From our guild run I had such an horrible memory / impression that i was procrastinating that for months now € But now it's over !

The next steps will be a bit more lighter for me.

Oh, and I think i have seen the only fox in whole Barovia ! He was close to that Vistani camp on the way to the electric hill …
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fox in Barovia ScreenShot_2020-12-26_193834_0.jpg (13.1 KB, 20 views)
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 29th, 2020, 00:36
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Next week is called off. If anyone has time to burn late Christmas Day, there might be a little catch-as-catch-can but I wouldn't count on anyone.

The following week (New Year's Day) is TBD for now. As we get closer and people's plans start coming together, please drop a note here. We'll see what makes sense.
OK, we're closer now. How's everyone looking for Friday (Saturday morning for that upside-down guy)? I'm in.
--

dteowner

Shoegazer

December 29th, 2020, 02:53
As far as I currently know, I should be fine for this week.
--

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

December 29th, 2020, 03:02
I plan on doing nothing come Friday except maybe head to the store, pending my pantry being empty or not. So I should be around.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread