Wizardry 7 - cannot start new game.

yllaettaevaet

Sentinel
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hi,

I downloaded W7 from abandonia.com. Mounted the iso into a dosbox, but I suffer from "unable to open scenario.hdr" after I run the install.exe.
I have no idea why, because I can CD there from inside dosbox... I'm not the only one with that problem.

OK, so I copied the stuff from the wiz-cd to my c:\oldgames\wiz-cd\7\ manually - inside dosbox its mounted as c:\

Now I can run the vinstall.exe, settings are preserved. Also I can start the play.bat.
I can run character creation, this is fine. Also the annoying security questions work. But how can I start a game? Theres no "start new game" in the menu - wtf?

TIA

But how can I start a game? Theres no "start new game" in the menu - wtf?
You need to create your party first (character menu -> create -> save).
edit: I´ve missed that you ran character creation already, sorry for the redundancy :).
Once you have 6 characters you´re content with, add them to the party via main menu (add character). Option to start new game should appear once at least one character is added (I wouldn´t recommend playing the game with less than 6 characters though).

Last edited:
Works, thank you! Can I get rid of the security question?

Well, let´s just say you might want to consider getting it from oldgames.sk :).
Their version also comes with a patch that should make resting faster, which is a plus.

Wow, oldgames.sk is great, their Wizardry 7 package is very user friendly.

Back
Top Bottom