Exp:Viking Expeditions: Viking - Sequel to Conquistador Announced

Expeditions: Viking
I watched all 3 seasons of the TV-series Vikings - cool stuff.
In games the Viking setting is underused.

Super!

While there were many interesting possibilities this one was surely one of the most promising. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that there'll be a linux version like there was for the first conquistador. (but not Clandestine… :'( )

It sounds interesting, but I don't understand why they're calling it a "sequel" to Expeditions: Conquistador. It doesn't sound like they're connected at all.

I think they do that because it is the game that comes after the other game in the Expeditions series.

Found the gameplay in the first one to be too tedious. Characters getting sick, and other random events nerfing my party and making the game a grind. Good tactical combat, just too difficult making progress in the overland map.

Found the gameplay in the first one to be too tedious. Characters getting sick, and other random events nerfing my party and making the game a grind. Good tactical combat, just too difficult making progress in the overland map.

That was the part of the challenge. I guess not for everyone.

That trailer was well done. I enjoyed it. Vikings are a good choice with Vikings series hyping up that part of human history in the minds of potential players.

Is there going to be a KS for this?

No plans for a KS at the moment. Glad you enjoyed the trailer and happy to have your support!

I loved the first expeditions conquistador, however i hope they tone down the miss chance in combat.

I loved the first expeditions conquistador, however i hope they tone down the miss chance in combat.

What kinds of miss chances are we talking about here: melee, ranged, both?

What kinds of miss chances are we talking about here: melee, ranged, both?

I thought the ranged miss chance was a little too much. For example the starting round I once didnt hit anything. Tweak that and the combat would be impeccable.

I'm glad to see this has its own forums, totally deserving of such. As great as the first game was, I'm really looking forward to the Viking take on this.

I thought the ranged miss chance was a little too much. For example the starting round I once didnt hit anything. Tweak that and the combat would be impeccable.

Ah, yea we have been thinking about that a lot actually, basically in Conquistador there was a dramatic fall off rate after 6 or so hexes practically parabolic in nature for the hit %, we are gonna revamp that so that, among other things, it has a more gradual depreciation curve for Viking.

:) This makes me happy.

Back
Top Bottom