NWN - Enhanced Edition Coming Soon

Yeah, I read the reviews. The majority of them actually mentioned the issue as being why they hated it. The rest were pretty obvious.

I'm not referring to SoD alone. Just in general attitude of putting others down when their view don't match yours.

Meh. I didn't like NWN. As archangel mentioned, the graphics were so damn ugly. It felt like a serious step down from the Baldur's Gate games. So this new edition does nothing for me.

It is funny how emotional and amped up people get sometimes though…its like, I started reading the first pages of this thread, and I'm thinking to myself -
"What the Hell?"
"Is this really about some old crpg game?"

You'd think it was about some hot button political topic or cultural issue like abortion or Israel/Palestine or something.

It is funny how emotional and amped up people get sometimes though…its like, I started reading the first pages of this thread, and I'm thinking to myself -
"What the Hell?"
"Is this really about some old crpg game?"

You'd think it was about some hot button political topic or cultural issue like abortion or Israel/Palestine or something.

It's bigger than RPGs, though. It actually connects with politics, overall worldview and more. I'm not going to delve into my thoughts on that right now, though. But rest assured that my own frustrations are not just about CRPGs.

It's bigger than RPGs, though. It actually connects with politics, overall worldview and more. I'm not going to delve into my thoughts on that right now, though. But rest assured that my own frustrations are not just about CRPGs.

Ok, I guess maybe I'm missing some underlining subtext here. But yea, now that you mention it, I can see how the current state of politics has everyone amped-up and in a hyper-politicized state, and its bleeding over into almost everything, to the point where its getting pretty ridiculous. In my humble opinion. Anyway, I will also take discretion into account and leave it there.

Damn 165 posts already for this haha
Anyway good news, i havent replayed since 2003 2004 i think, cant remember well; have the complete pack nwn 1+2 on gog, so i wont be buying this, 20$ is waaaay too much
Finished last year nwn2 and tried this one too but it crashed alot and was unplayable, cant wait for this :D, i hope its out this year

I thought PSTEE was a huge cash grab and they could not go lower but Beamshit managed to surpass even my low expectations…

Wow, this really exploded fast ;)

I find it especially amusing that people who complain about complaints can't ask themselves the same question: Why complain? Can't you just ignore the complaints?

I guess not.

Seems there's a widespread hug shortage around here overall!

But it's an issue of faulty communication. We're using the wrong word - which is why people get confused.

Complaining is not really what any of us are doing. Well, apart from a few "special" people.

We're simply disagreeing - nothing more, nothing less.

I call out the announced features as a cash-grab, because the price is steep considering the work and value involved.

Now, that's nothing but a subjective observation. It's not a complaint at all. A complaint implies that I feel entitled to something or that I deserve something. That's not my position.

For my sake, Beamdog can sell whatever they want at whatever price they want. I have no personal investment in that, apart from a minor case of bad taste in my mouth. That's all.

But I reserve the right to call it what it is.

As for complaining about complaints - you simply disagree that it's a cash-grab, and you obviously think the price is fair.

Some people think any price is fair regardless of the product - because people can just not buy it. Which is how capitalism thrives. That's cool with me - but I don't agree.

As for the promised upcoming features - that's much more like it. I'll be very happy to pay a reasonable price for actual enhancements that I will end up appreciating.

Of course, I'll have to see the details before investing - as I have no reason to trust they'll actually do something significant that's really valuable to me.

Apparently its a complain when someone doesnt agree with their view ;)

All in all, I couldn't see any so called enhancements from that video, so not interested.

Although, now I am in mood to play NWN again.. time to hit the Hall of Fame page again...

did-i-just-hear-someone-asking-for-a-hug.jpg

Why does it even matter if it’s a cashGrab?

Why is endless sequels and reboots from Hollywood bad? They over crowd and saturate the market.

I don't claim all sequels and reboots are bad, some are useful but most aren't.

RIP Diamond Edition. I wonder if you'll be able to log onto PWs with this?

Also, what the fuck did I just see

xzF6uHn.jpg

I did that once with a wedding ring :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom