|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Elder Scrolls Online

Default Elder Scrolls Online

July 3rd, 2018, 12:07
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
I will Will get back to it eventually.

Also, the real grind starts now. You're nothing until you're 160 CP
Yes thats what people say. I joined a casual guild mainly for selling stuff and one the constant thing I hear in guild chat is how most people expect you to have CP 400 - 500 to do any "hard" content. So it seems CP 160 won't cut it anymore lol!

Apparently the CP is cap is 750 now.

lostforever

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

July 3rd, 2018, 12:09
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
Yes thats what people say. I joined a casual guild mainly for selling stuff and one the constant thing I hear in guild chat is how most people expect you to have CP 400 - 500 to do any "hard" content. So it seems CP 160 won't cut it anymore lol!

Apparently the CP is cap is 750 now.
160 CP is nice to reach, because that's when gear drops become relevant

As much as I like the scaling mechanic in ESO - they messed up big time when it comes to level 50 to CP 160. It's a terrible period of time in the game.

Also, not to burst your bubble or anything - but the REAL grind is the skill point grind

But it's a great MMO overall.

That said, you're right - the combat system is an issue. Especially with high-end content - because you're expected to switch weapons constantly, and that was never a comfortable choice.

It's the one fundamental design flaw I see in the game.

Darth Tagnan

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

July 3rd, 2018, 13:20
At the moment i find this game at 10euro at steam. Is it worth it? Last mmo i played was conan many years ago.
I am also checking project Gorgon but i am very reluctant to pay around 30 euros for an mmo.
Any help is appriciated.

akarthis

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

July 3rd, 2018, 15:32
Originally Posted by akarthis View Post
At the moment i find this game at 10euro at steam. Is it worth it? Last mmo i played was conan many years ago.
I am also checking project Gorgon but i am very reluctant to pay around 30 euros for an mmo.
Any help is appriciated.
The steam deal is really worth it. It includes the base game and the Morrowind Chapter/expansion. If you have played the original Morrowind game then its nice nostalgia trip again to explore the same zone in a different timeline (past).

I hit level 50 yesterday in the game and I have been treating it as a single player game so far. I have to say some of the quest and stories in this game are really good. I would say best in any MMO and almost good as some single player games as well.

You will easily get your $10 back!

Edit: One thing which really pissed me off is the inventory limit the game has. You start with 60 slots bag and 60 slot bank. You can very easily expand both of these to 80/90 slots using in game gold very cheaply but after 90 slots it get very expensive in terms of in game gold as a new player you will be short on cash. Why this happens? well you can also pay real life money to expand your bags! However, don't spend real life money. Once you get to level 30/40 you will have lot of in game gold again and you can easily expand your bags then so you have to hold out till then!

lostforever

SasqWatch

July 3rd, 2018, 15:45
It's hard to say if something is worth it without knowing your preferences.

Like any game, ESO has its share of flaws and downsides.

Personally, I consider it the best modern MMO overall - but that's down to me liking some of what it does.

If you tell us what you like and don't like - then I can better help you.

That said, in terms of sheer content and production values - I'd say it's a bargain even at full price.

Then again, I don't really expect to pay 10$ for games that have taken hundreds of people years and years to make.

That's a strange part of capitalism and perception of value that I'm not really down with.

I rarely think "how much money is this game worth" - I tend to think "is this game worth my time" instead.

If it's worth my time, I pay whatever it costs - so long as it's not blatantly unreasonable or breaks my economy in some way.

You see, my time is much, much more valuable to me than saving a few dollars. I've already lived half of my life - and there are literally thousands of great games I will never have the time to play.

Worrying about pocket change in that scenario is not for me.

Darth Tagnan

Sentinel

July 3rd, 2018, 18:41
As I said the last mmo I played was Conan, which was a total waste of my time.

I agree with what you wrote about time. Though paying 10 euros for ,let us say, 5 days and then dropping the game then itís ok. Paying 40 Euros for 5 days itís not.

I also played wow but the cartoon style graphics was a no for me. And then some eve and even though I liked it I couldnít invest so much time for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akarthis

Sentinel

July 3rd, 2018, 18:45
As I said the last mmo I played was Conan, which was a total waste of my time.

I agree with what you wrote about time. Though paying 10 euros for ,let us say, 5 days and then dropping the game then itís ok. Paying 40 Euros for 5 days itís not.

I also played wow but the cartoon style graphics was a no for me. And then some eve and even though I liked it I couldnít invest so much time for it.

Could you tell me what you DO like?

Darth Tagnan

Sentinel

July 3rd, 2018, 19:03
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
Could you tell me what you DO like?

Iím guessing a nice community. And some rp flavor inside the game . I always tried to find rp servers in order to enjoy the game.

akarthis

Sentinel

July 3rd, 2018, 19:18
Iím guessing a nice community. And some rp flavor inside the game . I always tried to find rp servers in order to enjoy the game.

Well, communities consist of many, many people. I never really buy into the "this is a good community" thing. It depends on how much you invest into the social aspect.

There's quite a bit of RP potential within the game. Stuff like Housing and social events are quite common.

It's also got a more serious/mature tone than most MMOs when it comes to writing.

It resembles LOTRO to a certain extent, in that way.

I find the writing above average overall - with many quests that carry a strong RP/PnP flavor.

The lore is also extremely rich - and it's based on more than 20 years of work from various writers.

Darth Tagnan

Sentinel

July 3rd, 2018, 20:25
I’ve seen many RPing groups over the years, but haven’t participated myself.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

July 4th, 2018, 01:38
DDO is free and the Watch has its own guild on the Khyber server if you enjoy the community aspect. You can solo much of the content, but there's usually a guild member online to team up with for a better experience.
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

[email protected]

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

July 4th, 2018, 11:36

Here is the thing, a solo focused game could never have strong deep server community. You might get very close tight knit guilds but never a sense of strong server community. Also the game uses mega server and chance of you running into the same person twice is nil. Also as Darth says, community also depends on how much you are willing to invest in it.

Now if your question is, does ESO is full of toxic morons, then the answer is no. The net sum of people are decent human beings who are more than willing you help you out. I had people give me gold, crafting items, helped killed named etc. People took their time to explain about boss scripts in dungeon rather than calling me noobs etc. However the game is not setup in way for these random acts of kindness to develop into something more and hence develop a strong sense of server community.

lostforever

SasqWatch

July 4th, 2018, 11:39
Really helpful indeed. Just bought the game so Iím downloading now.

Tonight or tomorrow Iíll have a personal opinion.

Thanks everyone.

akarthis

Sentinel

July 4th, 2018, 11:43
@akarthis

Enjoy

Darth Tagnan

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Elder Scrolls Online