|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

July 9th, 2018, 00:34
This weekend a bit of SR: Dragonfall, some mucking around in X3:TC and a bit of TSW. Wish I could settle on something.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

July 9th, 2018, 03:32
@JDR13
For reference and related nostalgic reading, here's a link to my old Antharion thread from when I played it. https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33726
I remember you were one of the backers here when the game first got announced in one of the early threads.

Whilst it is a bit limited tactics wise, I still had quite a good deal of fun with it. Getting mauled by seagulls in the early game and the excellent visceral sound fx is something I'll always remember fondly.
--
Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

July 9th, 2018, 06:52
Thanks, Pessimeister. I'm actually about to restart with my new party right now. I'm in the mood for some Ultima style exploration.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

July 9th, 2018, 16:50
Birds can be dangerous; just watch the movie Birds.

Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
@JDR13
For reference and related nostalgic reading, here's a link to my old Antharion thread from when I played it. https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33726
I remember you were one of the backers here when the game first got announced in one of the early threads.

Whilst it is a bit limited tactics wise, I still had quite a good deal of fun with it. Getting mauled by seagulls in the early game and the excellent visceral sound fx is something I'll always remember fondly.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

July 13th, 2018, 07:28
I beat Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines as a Nosferatu, started another run as a Malkavian and got halfway through Chinatown before setting it down. Sticking with the Brian Mitsoda theme I'm playing Dead State now and having a lot of fun, albeit slightly frustrating fun at times. The frustration is my own doing, though, as I wanted to see if I could survive on Hardcore + PC Infection + Ironman modes, and on those settings the game is tough as nails to me. At least, it is if you want to keep your people from getting infected (which really is inevitable in the game anyway, I'm just trying to see how long I can prolong it.)

The combat and overall game on those settings is really good with a lot of intricacy and fine details to consider. If I don't give it full attention I end up getting myself infected or another survivor, making a dumb move in combat and screwing up the whole encounter. Every move is life or death in the Dead State zombie apocalypse…It's cool. Lots of combat options and important weapon and item details. And when focused and learning more of the little quirks they added, it's very rewarding (and doable, difficulty-wise. But you must use almost every advantage you have.)

There's a lot more going on in the game than you may realize at first glance. It takes some time to just figure out some of the details. I have played for 30 hours and only got past day 8 or so (I kept restarting after figuring out more stuff in the game, and that includes a ton of re-loads.) Even at 30 hours I'm still figuring things out, it's complex. I'm going to try a legit non-reload run soon and try to get farther as I feel I can probably manage it. Pretty impressive and engrossing game, at least for me. Worth checking out if you want something a little different (and challenging!)

Fluent

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Yesterday, 23:36
Sunk in over 100 hours in Rimworld.

My labrador Desiree is now 24 years old (doubled its life expectancy!!!). Had to make a couple of reloads to get there. The poor thing now has dementia and wanders about confused often

Started a new colony as well. We were running low on food when we got beseiged by mad manhunter cat. I could have shot it down and turn it into much needed food - but how can you do that to this adorable cat! So, I locked up my hungry colonists inside the house, patiently waiting for the cat to go hungry and tired, its mad rage to wear off. After more than 2 days of siege, the cat was finally close to the exhaustion!! I was about to get my colonists out for taming attempt… thats when the cat decided to hiss and screech away….

Off the map.

…….

*sigh*
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, The Aielund Saga, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Today, 04:50
I'm still playing Antharion and enjoying it well enough. My party just hit level 12, and judging from the map, I think I'm a little past the halfway point.

I also played a little bit of >observer_ , but running it on an Intel 4600 IGP isn't very fun.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Today, 08:51
Anyone playing Warframe? I'm trying it for the second time, I got overwhelmed the first time. This time I decided to read/watch a few beginners guides to see what to do in the beginning (duh!) so I don't get lost.

Ivanwah

Sentinel

Today, 09:02
Originally Posted by Ivanwah View Post
Anyone playing Warframe? I'm trying it for the second time, I got overwhelmed the first time. This time I decided to read/watch a few beginners guides to see what to do in the beginning (duh!) so I don't get lost.
I've played it a lot in the past, but got tired of the repetition and lack of what I consider meaningful content. But if there's anything you want to know about it, I'm here

It's definitely the best of these "looter shooters" when it comes to mechanics and the ridiculously large arsenal of weapons and toys.

Darth Tagnan

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Today, 09:06
Started a new Witcher 3 playthrough. Maybe I'll finish it?

Are the two expansions completely separate from the main game, or do they integrate stuff into the main quest?

Darth Tagnan

Sentinel

Today, 09:38
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
Are the two expansions completely separate from the main game, or do they integrate stuff into the main quest?
I haven't played them myself, but afaik, they don't add anything to the main quest.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Today, 10:02
I've played it a lot in the past, but got tired of the repetition and lack of what I consider meaningful content. But if there's anything you want to know about it, I'm here

It's definitely the best of these "looter shooters" when it comes to mechanics and the ridiculously large arsenal of weapons and toys.
Yeah, it's as grindy as it gets. But shooting and powers are fun enough. If I understand it correctly, the point is getting new warframes once your current one becomes stale.

Ivanwah

Sentinel

Today, 10:34
Yeah, it's as grindy as it gets. But shooting and powers are fun enough. If I understand it correctly, the point is getting new warframes once your current one becomes stale.
I think there are many points, depending on your personal preferences. I'm the sort of person who tends to pick one "class" or way of playing - and then I want to focus on being the best I can be at that one thing.

I almost never play "alts" in MMOs - and in Warframe, I lost interest after getting the three stealth frames - all of which I really enjoyed playing.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a collector in games - or in real life. I'm the sort of person who throws away everything when I move to another location, because it's easier

That, or I give it away.

I have very little interest in collecting things just for the sake of collecting them. Well…. except for games, I guess.

Which is probably another reason Warframe isn't really for me - in the long run.

But to each his own - and I know people who've played it for thousands of hours and never seem to run out of things to collect.

Darth Tagnan

Sentinel

Today, 10:37
They are sep adventures. Naturally you get to keep items and hte first one more or less takes place in the same region; the second one - blood and wine takes place in a sep region. I prefer the first one myself.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Today, 10:57
I think there are many points, depending on your personal preferences. I'm the sort of person who tends to pick one "class" or way of playing - and then I want to focus on being the best I can be at that one thing.

I almost never play "alts" in MMOs - and in Warframe, I lost interest after getting the three stealth frames - all of which I really enjoyed playing.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a collector in games - or in real life. I'm the sort of person who throws away everything when I move to another location, because it's easier

That, or I give it away.

I have very little interest in collecting things just for the sake of collecting them. Well…. except for games, I guess.

Which is probably another reason Warframe isn't really for me - in the long run.

But to each his own - and I know people who've played it for thousands of hours and never seem to run out of things to collect.
I don't mind switching the profession. Especially if I get bored of the one I'm playing at that moment.

I also don't like collecting for the sake of collecting, but if different warframes mean different playstyles, I'm up for it. The question is, how different are they. I'm at the beginning and I can pretty much ignore the abilities and instead kill all enemies with my weapons, but I guess at later stages they become more essential. I actually started with a new account this time around since I wanted to try a new starting warframe. Shame it is not easier to start a new character. So far the starting warframes seem sufficiently different to keep me interested in getting new ones.

Ivanwah

Sentinel

Today, 11:07

Yes they both add to the main quest in different ways.

Hearts of Stone - Takes place in the existing area map of No Man's Land.
Blood and Wine - Introduces an entirely new area & Map called Toussaint.

Then again you could always play them separate from the main menu but I never did.
--
“We lie best when we lie to ourselves.”

Couchpotato

Lord of Lies

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Today, 12:27
I don't mind switching the profession. Especially if I get bored of the one I'm playing at that moment.

I also don't like collecting for the sake of collecting, but if different warframes mean different playstyles, I'm up for it. The question is, how different are they. I'm at the beginning and I can pretty much ignore the abilities and instead kill all enemies with my weapons, but I guess at later stages they become more essential. I actually started with a new account this time around since I wanted to try a new starting warframe. Shame it is not easier to start a new character. So far the starting warframes seem sufficiently different to keep me interested in getting new ones.
Some of them are very distinct and represent unique playstyles. Of course, the game isn't balanced very well for endgame min-maxing - so it doesn't really matter what Warframe you pick, as long as you understand the mechanics.

I find that a little sad, because a challenging endgame would be the kind of thing that might have kept my interest longer.

That said, I don't like the procedural approach to content. I absolutely despise doing exactly the same thing over and over and over - and that's pretty much what Warframe is.

However, it has amazing combat and weaponry - so it took me a while to realise just how little I was enjoying the actual content.

Darth Tagnan

Sentinel

Today, 14:32
Octopath Traveler.
Stupid name, great game. It has the "seckrit ingrideant" that sadly so lacking in any new, high-profile RPG I've played recently: heart & soul.
God bless the Japanese game devs.

duerer

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?