Bard's Tale IV - Releasing September 18th

Hell YES! I'm having a hard time not trying out the beta on this one, but if the release is that close I'll gladly wait. My most anticipated this year.

Excellent! I backed this but have purposely stayed away from any betas or game play videos to have a completely fresh experience when it releases.

Meh. September is already full of titles I want to "destroy".

If I remember correctly Fargo said it was 12 hours long

Say what? I'll prepare some rotten eggs then.

Cool, some fun in september. Uhm, make it october, september is busy already. But anyways. Fun.

That is certainly earlier than I thought it might release, thankfully the way I wait for patches and such should lend me enough time to replay the earlier games first before diving into the new one.

It was during their E3 presentation with shacknews

How would you compare The Bard’s Tale IV to Wasteland 2 and what’s coming with Torment? Are they going to be of a similar size and scope?

Fargo: From a purely gameplay hours perspective? It is less ambitious, because with these games – with dungeon crawls – it doesn’t have the same reading component and the same slow motion component of those products. It’s still a solid role-playing game, hour wise, but it just isn’t going to be half what those games are. It is, however, visually more ambitious than those two, because of the nature of where the camera is at, I think, and we will see what other people have to say. But I think it is right up there with some of the triple-A visuals you see out there.

I just read an article about the game's release and it says "The game’s length has been estimated by inXile to be around 30 hours".

Uh, I really hope the visuals are better than Wasteland 2. And doubt they will be on par with Torment. Well... triple-A, hrrm... maybe if we focus on the environment and level of details.

But, graphics are not really the point for me. Longer than 12 hours would be nice of course. On the other hand, I'd say this type of game plays faster than 20 years ago, and I think that's at least partially due to better game design.

I am more excited about the original remasters; which I assume will be released same day?

I am more excited about the original remasters; which I assume will be released same day?

The remastered version of the first game will come to steam early access on July 24th and the other two shortly after that, so I don't think they will release them so soon.

Back
Top Bottom