32485254946_e501cd83e6_h.jpg

32485255696_8378623815_h.jpg

32052639240_1475acfea2_h.jpg

32052630390_f3ffe2ffde_h.jpg

32262727802_37e7f9ac8d_h.jpg

I love the dog :).

Just a shot I liked on a new character concept I am working on:

35414087935_cf041a2b4b_o.png

Your pics are absolutely beautiful, Wolf.

My son was so enamored with your pics that he begged me to allow him to play FO4 ^^.

Heh sorry about that :) I mainly share shots to share my enjoyment but also to show what can be done with the game using mods and post-graphic processing like ENB or ReShade. All my shots are always done 100% in-game and never edited in any way (beyond changing size when they are uploaded to Flickr).

Does take some time and effort though. Lots of time finding the right mods and graphic preset to use but that is part of the fun for me. Most shots I take while playing the game. If I see a good shot or place for some I might pause for a bit to play with the DOF, FOV, and unlock the camera but otherwise its the way my game looks. I took a couple of short videos as well although they are just super short examples as I was trying to see if I could get FRAPS to make a decent video or not. They get really downgraded in quality on Youtube so I decided to not make anymore (at least not until I can figure out to get somewhat better quality).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXgoisJCaz8tqMMTZ-DJSjA?view_as=subscriber

Very, very beautiful!

And no need to be sorry ... I finally allowed him to play as he's growing up fast and I know he's able to cope with topics and presentation.

Crazy beautiful images, like always. I need to take a look at these ENB settings and whatever mods you have installed (i saw them on a previous page). Still didn't play the game apart from the intro and a bit in that first town you arrive in.. I try to stay away for as long as i can to let the modding community thrive and make great stuff for the Ultimate Experience(tm) ;)

Do you enjoy it more than Skyrim, or is it about the same?

Crazy beautiful images, like always. I need to take a look at these ENB settings and whatever mods you have installed (i saw them on a previous page). Still didn't play the game apart from the intro and a bit in that first town you arrive in.. I try to stay away for as long as i can to let the modding community thrive and make great stuff for the Ultimate Experience(tm) ;)

Do you enjoy it more than Skyrim, or is it about the same?

Thanks Vurt. I think I have about 93 plug-ins right now and maybe 150 mods total. Small compared to many. Mostly immersive style mods and lots of textures and such to make the game and characters look nice - as I like great visuals while still keeping true to the aesthetics of the game.

I am on my 5th play through and about to start a 6th once I work out the details in my head. I would say that when you balance out all the pros/cons for FO4 and Skyrim I like both about the same.

Skyrim gets a massive plus for being fantasy and vikings/Norse related - two big favorites of mine. Its main negative, for me, is companions are just rather lame and shallow.

FO4's main pros for me are the better companions (especially Dogmeat) and the better graphic effects especially rain and god-rays. It's main negative, for me, is that it isn't high-fantasy setting.

I prefer exploring more in Skyrim as I like nature and scenery better. But I much prefer the combat in FO4. In Skyrim I never played harder than normal simply because the combat didn't interest me too much - at least not once I got up in levels. I enjoyed the early levels of stealth play but never really got into the combat as a main factor.

In FO4 I play on survival mode and use mods to lower experience gain and make things a bit harder. Really like the combat challenge. I also like exploring but not like I did in Skyrim. I am more focused on quests, companions, settlers, and combat in FO4. Skyrim is more of an escape into a fantasy theme park. Granted its been 6 years almost now and the first few years I was more into combat, quests, and all that so I have to try and balance my feelings towards it now and what it was like 4 years ago.

Anyhow this got long enough. Lets just say I like both games a lot and they are two of my highest ranking personal favorites.

Interesting to hear your comparison! That settler-thingy, is that any fun?

I also prefer fantasy, it's my favorite genre, though it's also a bit dependent on mood, for example i absolutely love STALKER and the atmosphere in that game, i don't think either new vegas or FO3 were as good.. might do some tree mod for FO4 just like i did for the other FO's, to make it more STALKER'ish..

The settler aspect is one I enjoy but not like other people do. A whole Sim-Settler community of people has risen up with mods and things. I like them as just part of the base game. I have a couple of simple mods that adds more variety to the settlers looks (Better Settlers Mod where I use the basic install options) and two small mods that add bathrooms and kitchen stuff that fit the them plus a shack mod that just adds some extra options to shack building - again all fits in with the game. But I don't go gung-ho on settlements. Rather hard to on survival mode with less carry weight for junk and no fast travel anyhow. So I enjoy it but only within the basic idea of helping settlers get their basic needs met and building up a few things.

I do like building up my own home, usually at Red Rocket, but while I will put hours into making a nice home my goal is to always make sure it fits into the world. No high rise mansions with swimming pool, Jacuzzi, and modern furniture :)

Back
Top Bottom