Operencia: The Stolen Sun - Releasing March 31st

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Operencia: The Stolen Sun is coming to Steam, GOG, PS4,and Switch March 31st.

Zen Studios' modern homage to classic first-person dungeon-crawlers takes you to the land of Operencia, an unconventional fantasy world inspired by a faraway land referenced in countless Central European folktales. An old-school turn-based battle system combines with inspiration from unexplored mythology to offer an RPG experience that feels unique yet also familiar.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Operencia's a worthwhile game for fans of blobbers; it's a bit heavy on the puzzlequest, but I'm definitely glad I purchased it back on Epic. There's been some other coveted titles recently coming to steam as well:

Metro Exodus
Satisfactory (not yet)

Yeah it's a decent game. Not as much depth as I'd like but good level design and the story and character interactions, while basic, were cute and kept me going. Overall not the type of game that sticks in my memory, but one that I was perfectly happy to have bought. And it's not like there are a lot of other good dungeon crawling blobbers arounds.

Looking forward to the release of that one. Have it on my "list" for quite a while but didn't want to go with epic. Nice to finally have a definite release date.

Will go for it as well. I need some decent blobber with story and tb combat in my life.

Just bumping this one as the game released on steam and gog today. Just have played the Prologue and its pretty nice so far. But also already have so issues with it. ^^

The German Translation is...bad. Like "Counter" as in "Counterattack" is just translated as "Zähler" in combat...as in counting from 1 to 5.

"Look" for the look of your character is translated into "Schauen", which means "Looking or watching" and makes no sense at that point. It goes on and on.

The other issue so far is the visibility in combat. Would like to have a combat log. The dmg you do is quite visible, though I don't quite get the calculation, especially with WPN Dmg + Skill Dmg, and then you do less dmg than the sum due to armor, which you do not see. The damage you receive is too small in general.

But I like the dialogues and story so far (for a crawler) and the graphics are really nice.

Back
Top Bottom