Fallout 4 - First Add-Ons Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Bethesda has announced the first 3 add-ons for Fallout 4 and indicate that more is coming.

Since Fallout 4 launched, we’ve been blown away by your support for the game. It stands as our most successful title ever and that couldn’t have happened without you. It’s been truly inspiring, the stories, images and experiences that you’ve created. And now it’s time to share with you some of what we’ve been creating – our first series of add-ons: Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor.

Automatron
Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $16.95 AUD
Release: March 2016

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!
More information.

Ugh, more building crap. This was not a direction I was hoping they would go. I guess I'll wait and see what else they make.

I agree on the building, don't need any more robots as companions nor really interested in building more. But Far Harbour sounds interesting:

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

Would like to see more with end-game faction follow-up as well. The one in March I will get just for something new since it is more than just making robots.

Also some of this sounds interesting:

Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the recent weapon debris for PC, and increased draw distances for consoles, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game: food, sleep, diseases, danger and more.

We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, which will allow you to create and play mods absolutely free. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.

Expansion pass new price $79.95 AUD (and CAD I bet).

Are publishers trying to drive all Australian and Canadian customers away or something? Or did the expansion pass sell so badly that Bethesda is trying to make $49.95 look like a deal?

Ugh, more building crap. This was not a direction I was hoping they would go. I guess I'll wait and see what else they make.

You read the full article yes? I assume you are looking for the last item they listed called Far Harbor.

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

Now, that underlined section. If that is only for Fallout games it could still be pretty small. If that includes any Bethesda game it could be a decent amount of new content. Or it could be a huge land area filled with… nothing! It will cost $25.

You read the full article yes? I assume you are looking for the last item they listed called Far Harbor.

Now, that underlined section. If that is only for Fallout games it could still be pretty small. If that includes any Bethesda game it could be a decent amount of new content. Or it could be a huge land area filled with… nothing! It will cost $25.

Nope, I misread the above as "they announce the first of 3", not the first 3. So I thought there was only 1 that I didn't care about so I didn't go read.

I will now though.:)

I'll have to wait a little more time for a good discount before buying the game + season pass.

Yes, I know 'a little more time' is an understatement here :) I was expecting to get a better discount by the end of this year but with the new Bethesda plans for DLC, I think I'll have to wait 18+ months before buying the game for an affordable price. I guess. :)

Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

Well, if it's only bigger than Point Lookout, it'll be worth $25 for me. "Filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons" is not nothing…
And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.
Does this mean the unannounced will be >$60 or minus what is already announced ($20 worth unannounced)? If it's only $20 more than that seems small. I'll need more clarification. But by the time May comes around + delays, I doubt I'll want to come back to FO4. I guess I'm out.

Are publishers trying to drive all Australian and Canadian customers away or something? Or did the expansion pass sell so badly that Bethesda is trying to make $49.95 look like a deal?
Damn, that's a bit steep.
It's currently NZ$59.95 on Steam, and I imagine it'll be $89.95 after the increase. I can buy it now from a 3rd party for about $45 after conversion to NZ.

Far Harbor sounds almost worth it, if I weren't so burnt out on the game. I wasted too much time on fiddling around with construction and radiant "quests" that the other two aspects definitely have no interest for me.

I'd be excited for Far Harbor if it were destined to be anything but yet another forgettable storyline from Bethesda. Actually, no, even if it were comparable to something such as Avellone's Old World Blues, I still wouldn't be excited. I'm just *that* bored/burnt out from my single playthrough.

I'll give them some money in a couple years, maybe, once some extensive overhaul mods are available.

Soooooo, about that GECK… <_<

I'd be excited for Far Harbor if it were destined to be anything but yet another forgettable storyline from Bethesda. Actually, no, even if it were comparable to something such as Avellone's Old World Blues, I still wouldn't be excited. I'm just *that* bored/burnt out from my single playthrough.

THIS.

If Bethesda can't write better games (and they surely can't, at least on Fallout. Elder Scrolls is pretty cool), then this'll be just another landmass full of crap, just like the original game.

horde of evil robots… Hunt them down and harvest their parts… Choose from hundreds of mods…
Is it just me or people are asked to shell out $10 for mere grinding?
Hell why wouldn't people just stick to "good old" free MMO grinders all over internet?

Sadware.

That is a ridiclous pricing scheme, i always wait a year or two before playing a big game and get the GOTY verisons for like $10 bucks when its on special sale on steam.

Back
Top Bottom