Skyrim Who Took Off Work Today?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Okay, I'm home sick s I didn't have to take a day off, but the servers don't respond. It's been about 10 years that I played my last Steam game and don't remember my password ... and I can't retrieve or change my password because the servers seem to have a problem. But I'm positive that in a few days I will have a chance to log on :p.

I had that happen once and just said "Screw it!" and created a new account. it kept rejecting my userids as in use (one ws probably the one whose pw I couldn't remember) so I chose the new one by literally pounding my forehead into my keyboard.

So now I am always reminded of that because I log in as something like "jhmbmjmbjbdasjsadhjh".

I'm maxed on vacation, so i take every other Friday anyway (with a 9/80 schedule this gives me EVRY Friday off) . :)

Happy to report that GameStop delivered my copy at noon today. Installed and ready to fire up. :)

Alas, I ordered an import version (to get the map) and have to wait another few days.

When it finally turns up I don't have to take any time off work, as (a) I'm mostly a homebody (lookng after kids + part-time contracting) and (b) I stuffed my knee last week and am on crutches. What better way to recuperate than some digital LARPing, eh? ;)

Kids and wife here, but honestly I never take time of for a game. Not enough free days per year as it is currently, no need to worsen that load with videagame free time :)

I told one kid in my class to close his laptop while he played it as I was teaching them Classes/Objects for the first time.

Also told another kid that infinite quests was soulless and had been done before (Star Wars Galaxies).

I told one kid in my class to close his laptop while he played it as I was teaching them Classes/Objects for the first time.

You're a lot more tolerant than the teachers where I went to school. :)

When I was in school, if you got caught listening to music or playing a video game during class, that device would be confiscated and your parents would have go to the school to retrieve it.

Alas, I ordered an import version (to get the map) and have to wait another few days.

I thought all retail versions came with a paper map.

Last edited:
Early impressions from Yours Truly. I played c. 3-4 hours yesterday and am cautiously hopeful. Skyrim's feeling pretty good and I can't wait to continue playing once I get off work today.

Sure, the UI is terrible, but I think I can get used to it (at least tolerate it). Sure, the game is quite easy at the beginning, but I can up the difficulty (and will do so). Sure, the old ES problem of swimming in loot/money seems to be evident again, but I can try to ignore that (not take all the loot/money offered). Sure, there are problems, but despite all the problems, there is something in Skyrim that is pulling me, intriguing me. A promise of great adventure, perhaps. A hint of a grand sweeping story with different competing factions, maybe. A glimpse of a vast world, filled with things to do and interesting people to talk to. Yes, perhaps. Still way too early to tell, but there is hope, as long as you're willing to be a bit optimistic. Skyrim might shape up to be a truly great game, it has the right ingredients for it. Here's hoping it actually is.

I had that happen once and just said "Screw it!" and created a new account.
That worked :).
I generated passwords at work by banging my head on the keyboard ...

I took Friday off ye. Well, had to work a bit from home, but got plenty of game time.

I thought all retail versions came with a paper map.
I thought they didn't, but I'm not sure now…

The pre-ordered imported version (I'm in New Zealand) was advertised as having a "free Premium Skyrim Map!", whereas the standard version (presumably the AUS/NZ local release) makes no mention of a map.
Unless all get a map but the difference is that one is a "premium" one vs a "normal" one? I obviously haven't paid enough attention.

Oh well, either way, the price of the pre-ordered import one was about 30% cheaper than the price of the one at the local shop, so it was good buy ;)

EDIT:
Oh, you're right. My memory be crap. I blame the kids. They suck yer brains out.
"There will be a regular paper map included in all copies of the game, but if you want to get the premium map, we recommend pre-ordering the game."
And not only that, but a pre-ordered version from an eligible territory, which is probably why the local site made a song and dance about pre-ordering the imported version through them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom