S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Using Unreal Engine, Supports Modding

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is being made with the Unreal Engine and will support modding.

Today we got another reason to be hopeful--maybe even cautiously optimistic--as the official Stalker 2 Twitter feed revealed that the new game will use the Unreal Engine.

[...]

"User modifications help the world of the Zone to live on while we are busy with making a sequel, and we can't be more grateful for that," GSC Game World said in the announcement.

As for whether Stalker 2 could end up as an Epic Games Store exclusive (Epic also makes the Unreal Engine), the studio said only that it "will talk about this later."
More information.

I'll believe it supports modding when I see no respawn mod. :D

First games are one of the best shooters ever but i dont really have hope for this since it will be for derpsoles as well.

Believe we had three games on kickstarter from former employee's already.

So is the official some-times canceled where still developing MMO?:p

I love the STALKER games, especially the last one. However, I am not keeping my hopes up for this. I will probably be disappointed :D

Probably only the madman Grygorovych is left haha.

I think you are actually right, lol. It seems like there is a new game announced every month, made by "STALKER devs" and each one of them is one STALKER developer with a new team making a post-apocalyptic FPS. One of those ought to be good :D

I wonder how many of the original STALKER devs are still working for GSC Game World at this point.
I think most went to work on Escape from Tarkov which is probably real STALKER 2 but with focus on MP.

Back
Top Bottom