Disciples: Liberation - Developer Gameplay Video

seems like a downgrade on all fronts.
so weird to me how technology and (game design) education develops yet quality falls )

so weird to me how technology and (game design) education develops yet quality falls )

All the best thinkers leave school early and develop their own ideas. What you learn from schools is regimented thinking which is perfect if you want to work for an EA or an Ubisoft etc, not so great in reality for gaming.

I didn't watch the video and now it seems it's not worth it to watch 2 hours of it. Could you tell us why do you think it's a downgrade on all fronts?

They badly need an Art Director. UI seems nice, though. The most surprising part is the combat, which looks interesting and feels almost like as if this game were a totally different 'SSI Gold Box'-style, not a "HOMM3 system".

I have no expectations this will be like Disciples 1 and 2 and am approaching it as a new TBS game - and to me, watching this gameplay, it looks pretty good.

Yeah this game is looking more and more like a new beast, not a successor of the other disciple games. At least that's how I'm going to treat it, when I acquire it at some point. I'll just be hoping for goodness.

I have no expectations this will be like Disciples 1 and 2 and am approaching it as a new TBS game - and to me, watching this gameplay, it looks pretty good.
Agree gamer's want the same game as Disciples 1&2. This type of thinking makes some game franchises grow stale. Look at the latest Kings Bounty as well for another example.

Anyway the game reminds me of Blackguards instead.

Agree gamer's want the same game as Disciples 1&2. This type of thinking makes some game franchises grow stale. Look at the latest Kings Bounty as well for another example.

Anyway the game reminds me of Blackguards instead.

Agreed, has some Blackguards vibe.

Maybe a mix of Blackguards and King's Bounty Armored Princess?

I think it looks more like the King's Bounty that was just released tbh.

Hm... maybe the UI?

What I see as similar to Armored Princess (and co) is movement in the game world (character and enemies).

Hm… maybe the UI?

What I see as similar to Armored Princess (and co) is movement in the game world (character and enemies).

I mean the overall look. King's Bounty II doesn't seem nearly as colorful as the older KB titles. That's why I thought it was a better comparison as this game is pretty dark.

I based my opinion on the combat. It's similar to Balckguards that's all. Though King's Bounty II is a good comparison as well for the whole package. We'll see.:)

Back
Top Bottom