Dragon's Dogma 2 - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Dragon's Dogma 2 has been announced by Capcom during the 10th anniversary stream for Dragon's Dogma.

Well met, brave Arisen.

A part of today's "10 Years of Dragon's Dogma" Developer Video, director Hideaki Itsuno officially announced a title that many of you have been waiting for: Dragon's Dogma II is now in development!

In case you missed it, watch the video above for the full message, or read our quick recap below!

Mr. Itsuno recalls how his earliest experiences with high fantasy were thanks to classic pen-and-paper role playing games. This resulted in his love of RPGs as a whole, something that he would carry with him throughout his time working on arcade titles for Capcom throughout the 90's. By 2000, Mr. Itsuno began to build out his own fantasy world, one that would eventually become what we now know as Dragon's Dogma.

Touching on how the team built out the land of Gransys, the reason behind the game's unique Pawn System, and the titles he worked on in between his initial concept for Dragon's Dogma and the game's release, we encourage Arisen of all types to enjoy Mr. Itsuno's reflections on his time developing the original game and the thrill of the surprise announcement of Dragon's Dogma II.

To celebrate, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is also be on sale on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam, making it the perfect time to explore the world of Gransys and prepare yourself for what lies ahead. They're masteworks, all - you can't go wrong.

While the team is hard at work on Dragon's Dogma II, follow the Dragon's Dogma Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts for all the latest news, activities, and celebrations of this momentous anniversary for Dragon's Dogma!
More information.

Crazy that it took Capcom so long to start making a sequel to DD especially when you look at some of the mediocre titles they've produced since then.

I liked the first game but never finnished it. This is a good reason to try to do that!

I think it was a flawed game, but had some really great aspects to it. I'd definitely be interested in seeing an improved sequel.

Enjoyed the first game and all the extra content when I played it a number of years ago, yet have never felt the urge to replay it, to this day. I'll be curious to see what form this sequel takes.

Can't wait to see some more gameplay.

The first one was great, but also had a lot of shortcomings.
If they could iron those out... oh, boy!

I didn't finish the first one but I played it 100 hours or so which is plenty for me with most of these games (that get repetitive eventually).

Cool game.

Seems unlikely that the sequel will match the original that much with so much time and space in between. We shall see.

Hyped trailers for Dragon's Dogma 1, but in gameplay horrible black bands on top and bottom in locked wide-resolution + ugly UI. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom