Seven - First Reviews

That IGN review seems like a real outlier.

Probably, when the men from IGN showed up and said, "Nice game you have here, be a shame if anything happened to it..." they failed to respond correctly.

Yeah, usually the bigger sites like PC Gamer and IGN are more consistent aren't they?

Having now read the IGN review its ummm interesting to say the least. The guy bashes the game without telling us what he is basing his judgements on. IGN deserves its reputation.

I'll be grabbing this early next year, especially with IGN hating it. Alpha Protocol & Deadly Premonition syndrome methinks.

My buddy played it a little. He states it's a bugfest for now, but overall nice game.

Having now read the IGN review its ummm interesting to say the least. The guy bashes the game without telling us what he is basing his judgements on. IGN deserves its reputation.

You must have a read a different review - he tells you very precisely what he doesn't like about the game and why.

You must have a read a different review - he tells you very precisely what he doesn't like about the game and why.

I would agree. I found the reviewer's critiques very concise and well reasoned. If accurate, those flaws would bug the hell out of me as well.

I would agree. I found the reviewer's critiques very concise and well reasoned. If accurate, those flaws would bug the hell out of me as well.
No, they are very bad. As a person that played it a bit his comments on the parts of the game I did play are those of an ignorant person or someone that expected a totally different game than what it plays or promises. And his opinion (cannot call that shitty short text a review) reads as such.
For example, this is not a Diablo like game. Not even close. Trying to play it like that is sure to give you a bad time.
If you play a game like Baldur's Gate as you would Diablo you are also going to have a bad time. And then you can says "This BG is a bad diablo clone. 4/10 - IGN "review""
And only thing BG, Diablo and Seven got in common is isometric camera.

Last edited:
I mean the game is not perfect and it has its share of release bugs but it is not a 4/10 game for sure. 7/10 or 8/10 reviews are about correct in my opinion.

I read both the IGN and the PC Gamer review…and I wonder if they've played the same game? The IGN piece states it's a 10 hour campaign, while PC Gamer mentions "30 hours in" on two occasions. How's that for different experiences?

They seem to agree on the bugs being annoying though (that's the ONLY thing they seem to agree upon apart from the fact you play as a thief), so I'll wait a couple of patches. Will wishlist though, sounds like an interesting game.

I read both the IGN and the PC Gamer review…and I wonder if they've played the same game? The IGN piece states it's a 10 hour campaign, while PC Gamer mentions "30 hours in" on two occasions. How's that for different experiences?

They seem to agree on the bugs being annoying though (that's the ONLY thing they seem to agree upon apart from the fact you play as a thief), so I'll wait a couple of patches. Will wishlist though, sounds like an interesting game.
10h is main quest. IGN guy probably hated the game so much he only did the main quest

So basically, if a site gives a review that's higher than the rest that means they were paid off. If a site gives a review that's lower, that means they didn't get paid off. If all sites give about the same score, that's proof they are all in cahoots because opinions don't really work like that.

Basically, if you give a review, it's proof you're doing something immoral if not outright illegal.

If you're debating on picking it up, snag a copy and get the 10% off. For the price it's a steal. I'm about 5 hours in and loving it. A few bugs but i'm sure they'll get stamped out. Maybe not a full AAA title but it's pretty dam good so far.

The voice acting and sounds are terrific. The sci-fi cyber settings nicely done. I know it's running on the unreal engine. I'm running 3440x1440 100hz with 150% resolution scale, all settings on epic im getting 60-80 fps.

Well reviews are pretty mixed now (both user and professional). Personally I think I'll wait for and see how the game is doing after a few patches. I really hate annoying kb/m interfaces/gui.

Is the camera in this game "attached" to the character? Or, can I rotate it however I want, and pan from side to side?

Is the camera in this game "attached" to the character? Or, can I rotate it however I want, and pan from side to side?
You can rotate the camera around your character and zoom in and zoom out.
You character also has a special sense mode where you can detach the camera from him and go look a bit further in a circle (it also lets him find secrets and points of interest).

Back
Top Bottom