Colony Ship - CSG update #41 - Closed Combat Beta

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Closed Combat Beta for Colony Ship has begun.

Believe it or not, we finally hit this very important milestone. After 3 years of work I can hardly believe it myself (it's a very surreal feeling). Anyway, the first group of colonists is already playing the demo, so far no crashes or other unpleasantries. If everything goes well, we'll add 10-15 people this weekend and keep adding more each week until we have all the missing pieces, then release it to the general public.

What's left to do: replacing some old animations that Ivan never had a chance to finish, female animations and models, coats (the models are nearly done, need to be textured), all customization options including hair and beards, some GUI tweaks here and there, and extra sounds.

The latest screens:

Yzv8bTC.png

[...]
More information.

I don't see a thrown/hurled objects skill. That seems like something you could train up. I'm also curious what they mean by "tagged skills". Looks good though. The font has a SW:TOR vibe.

It does look good...and stat sexy. Those are good questions. No grenades? I was kind of hoping for the sci-fi version of throwing nets. :p

It does look good…and stat sexy. Those are good questions. No grenades? I was kind of hoping for the sci-fi version of throwing nets. :p

Then you will be happy to know we have lots of grenades: Smoke, Gas, Flashbang, Pulse, Stasis Field and Brainwave disruptor.

I don't see a thrown/hurled objects skill. That seems like something you could train up. I'm also curious what they mean by "tagged skills". Looks good though. The font has a SW:TOR vibe.

While we have grenades, they are more of a tactical tool that you use sparingly, than a weapon skill like the guns or melee weapons that you use all the time in combat. You can tag skills to make them increase further.

Hopefully you will allow font size upscale in the options menu!
Now THIS is the game I'm shining my black leather purse for! Strong GUI, excellent Art Direction and the entire atmosphere is properly dark and foreboding. Plus you seem to have some kind of an XCOM-style combat mode!! OH YEAH!

Hopefully you will allow font size upscale in the options menu!

We are using Unreal Engine now, so this will definitely be easier to do than in old Torque. And the gui scales to any resolution.

Now THIS is the game I'm shining my black leather purse for! Strong GUI, excellent Art Direction and the entire atmosphere is properly dark and foreboding. Plus you seem to have some kind of an XCOM-style combat mode!! OH YEAH!

Thanks! :D

Looks good, but in the picture I really don't like the usage of one color (with different shades) for everything.

Then you will be happy to know we have lots of grenades: Smoke, Gas, Flashbang, Pulse, Stasis Field and Brainwave disruptor.

I like the sound of the defensive fields, if the brainwave one is a field.

Back
Top Bottom