Last game(s) you bought

Blade of Darkness. A great re-release on Steam/GOG of the original from 2001. Nothing fancy. Basically the same game, only running at modern resolutions. And apparently they did the rework using some python libraries, so they apparently were also able to integrate achievements into it. That's more work than most bare-bones re-releases of older games get. It's still got the quicks of old, but that also makes it charming. Of course I've no idea how modern audiences will get it. It is quite clunky in some regards. But it's got a fantastic combat system and great levels and encounter design. For 10 euros you can't go wrong. ;)

I just purchased the Battlefield Bundle on Steam. It's a whopping 90% off until Oct 18th.

I haven't played a Battlefield title since the original Battlefield 1942. It's not a series I've had much interest in since then, but the most recent games are based on WWI and WWII, and I sometimes get in the mood for a shooter in those settings. At that price, it's a steal even if the campaigns are short which is what I expect.

I treated myself a (somewhat belated) birthday gift and I bought Disciples: Liberation Deluxe Ed and Langrisser I & II.

I got King Arthur: Knight's Tale.

It's still on Early Access (it should be released next February), but I bought it because a) I want to support the devs; and b) because I like the way the game is shaping up!

Last week I had a game gifted to me, so technically I didn't buy it, yet someone did for me, so I figure it counts! It's called God Wars: the Complete Legend, looks to me like it's a FFT/Disgaea/Tactics: Ogre type game, so I'll expect I'll enjoy the heck out of it once I get around to giving it a whirl.

Far Cry 5 and Far Cry New Dawn.

Grabbed them super cheap from Ubisoft's current sale.

I decided that I was enjoying my test copy of FC5 enough to purchase them. ;)

I bought New Man's Sky after watching it go on sale, get an update, go on sale, get an update, etc, for the past several years. Decided it was finally time to give it a shot.

It runs like ass on my computer. Uninstalled it in 5 minutes. Oh, well.

I also bought Rise of the Tomb Raider when it went on sale for like $5. I remember enjoying the first reboot.

Some aspects of the game feel like a AAA production. The "effects" (fire, snow, water, etc) and lighting are top notch, and so is the animation. Gameplay is solid. But I feel like I'm going through the motions as I play. I run from one glowing item of interest to another, barely taking in my surroundings. It's too gamey, in other words. It's also very easy, despite playing on "seasoned" (aka hard).

The worst thing about it for me personally is that there seems to be one freaking voice actor in the whole thing other than Camilla and he's not very good. You have generic white dudebro playing Mongols. It's ridiculous. In games like this a significant part of my motivation is in finding documents and such, but that's all but ruined by the so so writing and everything being narrated by that one voice actor.

I want the Launch Edition with the steel case, but its only available through NB web site and only for consoles (even though the description for this edition includes a PC code!).

I'm mostly done with physical games. Also for collector's editions. Last serious one was Witcher 3. And I haven't missed anything. I guess I'm ok with that.

I got Horizon Zero Dawn for <$20 at Fanatical, and Detroit Become Human for $13 and change from Humble. I'm considering Backpack Simulator for $14 from fanatical.[Death Stranding]

I said I'd be done with Steam sales, but apparently I dipped into it for the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and Wasteland 3 Season Passes.

I've been holding off on Wasteland 3, but I'm seriously tempted to grab it now.

So far I've only purchased Quake and the season pass for PoE II during these sales.

I've been holding off on Wasteland 3, but I'm seriously tempted to grab it now.

So far I've only purchased Quake and the season pass for PoE II during these sales.

This Quake is that old one OR a remaster/remake?

I resisted the temptation to buy The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk, A Plague Tale and Gamedec, which are on my wishlist and offer a good deal atm. I want to finish the infamous backlog first! (WotR, Vagrus and ATOM are not finished)

But I bought Shenzen I/O and Molek-Syntez, two "puzzle" games from Zachtronics, the sort of things I play when I don't have the time for a proper RPG session.

I really like their games, they're good quality and they show where you stand in the histogram of everyone's solution in terms of speed, size and other parameters, for each problem. Sometimes I'd just solve a problem but I'm often tempted to optimize it to get within a good percentile of the best solutions. Very clever of them. :)

I picked up Wildermyth - going to play it as co-op with hubby :)

I didn't purchase this for myself, it was a birthday gift today, I received Legend of Amberland. So, assuming I finish God Wars sometime soon, that will likely be played next!!

what i got in the steam sales, wanted 2-3 more but no more money :(

The Last Stand: Aftermath
The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
INSOMNIA: The Ark
Phoenix Point: Year One Edition
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Back
Top Bottom