ELEX II - Release Day: March 1, 2022

First God of War, then Elden Ring, and lastly Elex 2. It will be a great year for action RPG fans.

Looking forward to seeing some actual game play footage after the release. I pre-ordered the first Elex and was not disappointed.

Great news, March 1st will come round quick.

A little too quick imo. Elden Ring releases on Feb 25. :)

Elex 2 is still my most anticipated game for the near future, but it's going to be tough to resist playing Elden Ring and Dying Light 2 which also releases in Feb.

Many of these games will slip from march....it's like the placeholder date for delayed.

Yeah bad decision to release in that crowded window though it was supposed to release in 2021. Anyway they probably don't care as they focus on the German market more.

Like Moriendor said in the other thread reviews will be mixed again.
It will be interesting to see how much attention (outside of the PB fan bubble) ELEX 2 is going to receive. March 1st means it will be releasing shortly after Horizons Forbidden West (PS5 only) and Elden Ring as well as right after some other blockbusters slated for February like Dying Light 2 and Total War: Warhammer 3.

It will probably be difficult to garner any attention from the streamers as they will be busy streaming the blockbusters for maximum monetization.
I also wouldn't really expect overly favorable reviews from the mainstream console mags. Those reviewers will inevitably compare ELEX 2 with Horizon Forbidden West and PB is pretty much guaranteed to be on the end of a very short stick here.

Last edited:
Great news! I hope they can keep the momentum going from the first game’s success. Not a fan of statues so will give the collectors edition a miss, wonder if the Jonathan Davis / korn song from the trailer will be released as a single round that time :D

Do they make perfect games?
No.
Do they make grindy mmo lootbox p2w p2cos bullshit?
No.
Do they make the kind of game I love?
Yes.

Kinda wish I could thank them in person.

Exactly.

And Elex 1 sold well enough to warrant Elex 2, while also releasing at a bad time (Shadow of War, Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed: Origins to name a few)

But it's an AA game at best, so comparing it to guaranteed blockbuster AAA titles like H:FW or Elden Ring makes little to no sense.
No matter when it's released it would probably make little difference, since there's always some new, flashy AAA coming out. The kind of RPG Piranha's make is not mainstream enough to sell several milions copies.
Which is fine by me.

Elex 2 is still my most anticipated game for the near future, but it's going to be tough to resist playing Elden Ring and Dying Light 2 which also releases in Feb.
Oh, poor boy! :D

Great news, looking forward to it.

Now, that's a shortsighted launch date, considering Elden Ring releases one week earlier.

Not like it matters to me, but I hear some watchers actually play average eurojank games like this.

It's going to be an interesting experience for people who come from playing a super responsive, professionally finished, high production game like Elden Ring to then go into this dated, glitchy mess.

It's going to be an interesting experience for people who come from playing a super responsive, smooth high production game like Elden Ring to then go into this dated, glitchy mess.
… and then realize that true beauty comes from within. ;)

Now, that's a shortsighted launch date, considering Elden Ring releases one week earlier.

Not like it matters to me, but I hear some watchers actually play average eurojank games like this.

It's going to be an interesting experience for people who come from playing a super responsive, professionally finished, high production game like Elden Ring to then go into this dated, glitchy mess.

Well, some people are more impressed with games that are more flashy veneer than substance and some people prefer a game that is more substance than veneer.

It is a well known fact that sometimes people don't recognize irony in the internet. So you should not be surprised if some people think that you really believe this. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom