RPGWatch - New Poll

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
About three quarters of those who voted in our latest poll, are excited at some level with the development of Original Sin 2.

in 2013 RPGWatch ran it's own campaign in which we raised $10K for the devlopement of Original Sin and handed out a lot of goodies to those who participated, courtesy of Larian Studios. Our new poll is about whether or not you think we should do this again for Original Sin 2.

More information.

I say why not. The publicity won't do this site any harm, and any attempt to gain more funds for Larian is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe we can do even better this time around!!

For me personally, it's too early to pledge. A few warm words from Swen about creating the bestest game evah aren't quite enough.

I would like to ask admins and fellow Watchers - whats the purpose?

- To attract some new ppl to RPGWatch? - Does the site need it? I dont know.
- To help Larian get more funds? - But they dont need it now. DOS was succesfull, Larian is happily independent end expanding. Support is good, anyone could do that personally, but they are not in dire need anymore. Im not against it, but I dont like the idea that RPG sites like RPGWatch will focus their effort on "helping" popular developers while forgetting about lesser known RPG studios who need support MUCH more. I would expect such approach from mainstream sites who jumps on any popular bandwagon crap. Pls dont exchange "need for funds" with "popularity". So if RPGWatch decide to support someone I think it would be better to support some indie devs who need it more.

I'm skeptical about backing this time around, but I certainly don't see it as a bad thing for those that wish to. It probably does help to raise the site profile and foster relationships, which is all good in the long run. I'd say go for it, though I wouldn't be surprised if the money weren't quite so forthcoming this time.

An RPGWatch fundraiser makes only sense for games that many Watchers like and agree to spend money on.
For all other games the the tastes differ too much and it is perhaps better to support them on your own. And I know many Watchers who support a lot of crowdfunding projects.
Larian was always very generous to us and we supported them as well. A few more RPG fans for the Watch coming with the publicity are welcome, too.

This site is all into diversity. Not a single person here is a clone of another.

Backing a project as a site, a site that holds so many different oppinions and extreme differences, is just sending a message to mainstream news sites:
We believe in *this* kind of a game, not in your goddamned Destiny paid2writeabout spam-o-rama headlines!

EDIT:
I should read everything first, now I see Hidden beaten me up to it. :(
Although… He did it with kinder words. :)

Ahh, we need both of you.

pibbur who sometimes agrees with the joxer, and nobody paid him to say that.

There can be many purposes. To have something from RPGWatch in the game, like in Original Sin, could be one.
If you want to donate you can also do it on the Kickstarter obviously. By gathering the money from multiple people we could aim for one of the higher tiers and auction the rewards of and provide those who donated with the game, shirts and posters or whatever they have this time around.

Why wouldn't they need more funds? You think they have endless amounts of money? I have no doubt they can make a game even without Kickstarter. With it they can make it a better game.

Let us not forget that thanks to our generous friend HiddenX, I got the game for $12.50 (What a steal!!!). Furthermore, thanks to the last fundraiser, one of my cats has been immortalized in the annals of gaming history. All hail Curtis Phillip Barlow!!! Larian is great, and I would happily support a new fundraiser.

Let us not forget that thanks to our generous friend HiddenX, I got the game for $12.50 (What a steal!!!). Furthermore, thanks to the last fundraiser, one of my cats has been immortalized in the annals of gaming history. All hail Curtis Phillip Barlow!!! Larian is great, and I would happily support a new fundraiser.

I liked that cat. That cat had class.

Back
Top Bottom