Encased - Kickstarter Live

I see they're over 30% funded now, and Larian are backing them.

There are a few things I don't like about the concept.
But the things I like are enough. I'm in.

I have one issue with the concept, which is that you are a chosen one type character. I would of preferred to have a protagonist that was just a normal person.

I think it'll be an interesting one to watch. They'll either realise the dream of Russian Fallout, or pretty much bury the chances of such a thing being backed again.

6) Jagged Alliance 2 for global map exploration and combat system, XCom for squad management, DOS series for exploration and systemic freedom :)
Say no more. Backed.

I have one issue with the concept, which is that you are a chosen one type character. I would of preferred to have a protagonist that was just a normal person.

Comparing to all recent CRPGs you are very normal. You will never become death machine. And being able to "talk" to Maelstrom gives extra options, but they are comparable with e.g super high Speech or Stealth.

Did anyone notice they deleted all mention of stretch goals?

This was an advice from KS management - to focus on base goal first, cause the tempo of fundraising was not very fast. We will put it back when we will be closer to the base goal

This was an advice from KS management - to focus on base goal first, cause the tempo of fundraising was not very fast. We will put it back when we will be closer to the base goal
I didn't know that they are consulting campaigns. Interesting.

Comparing to all recent CRPGs you are very normal. You will never become death machine. And being able to "talk" to Maelstrom gives extra options, but they are comparable with e.g super high Speech or Stealth.

This idea makes the game more interesting IMHO. I hope that Maelstrom has solid backstory and will play with the hero, give him quests or challenges or trick him. Maybe you could try to calm him down (sounds like good idea after all the chaos, right? :) ). It seems he (or she?) is not your friend nor direct enemy (but he could harm you). I just hope you will use this idea well in the game.

You know what I find weird is an RPG like this manged to get almost $300,000.

Yet games old school fans want struggle to get funded unless it's a well know studio. It's quite a rubik cube puzzle to solve, and still hope this gets funded.
So hang in their Cadmus.:party:

This idea makes the game more interesting IMHO. I hope that Maelstrom has solid backstory and will play with the hero, give him quests or challenges or trick him.

It's a cool idea, but something that I love about Fallout is that the game doesn't make you feel all that SPECIAL. Outside Arroyo, you're just another dude.

It's a cool idea, but something that I love about Fallout is that the game doesn't make you feel all that SPECIAL. Outside Arroyo, you're just another dude.

I wouldnt say that it makes the hero special. He/she just revealed something and released an entity without knowing consequences. He/she is skilled yet pretty normal guy/lady but now with bigger responsibility and tension and maybe even a little guilt on his/her shoulders. Now he/she should find a way to keep Maelstrom "at bay" without any special powers or birthright, just using his/her intellect and skills. He/she is definitely not chosen one. These circumstances just makes him/her more interesting and gives player better motivation than in case of Fallout IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom