Cyberpunk 2077 - First Commercial

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN reports on the first commercial for Cyberpunk 2077 that comes from an unusual source - Vodafone.

New details of Cyberpunk 2077 have surfaced courtesy of a somewhat bizarre source - Vodafone. As part of a joint campaign with Spanish newspaper El Pais on the future of technology, the European telecoms giant spoke with Mike Pondsmith, the author of the pen-and-paper RPG on which Cyberpunk 2077 is based.

The news comes to us via Spanish YouTuber and Cyberpunk fan Madqueen, who helpfully provides English captions on the interview. You can watch her video above, or alternatively, can get auto-translated English subs on the original Spanish version here. Either way her channel has a ton of great Cyberpunk content, so do consider subscribing.

[...]
More information.

Haven't reached the commercial in the video yet, but I had to upvote her video just for the ornately framed picture of Robocop behind her.

EDIT: Having now watched it, to be honest I don't think there was much of interest in the commercial - a brief description of how tech is an equaliser, and a fairly vague description of a couple of visual elements in the trailer. Nothing groundbreaking. Better to just wait for the actual trailer to come out (hopefully at or before E3).

Oh, and the full ad appears to use some game clips from Matrix Online ('Entering Uriah'), so don't panic if you see that - it's not Cyberpunk gameplay.

Last edited:
There is no commercial in the video. It only shows scenes from the 2012 trailer overlapping an interview with Mike Pondsmith that mention the (old) trailer.

The whole think is clickbait.

Yeah, i was expecting to see an actual commercial for CP 2077. Pure clickbait material.

Next clickbait: Platige's cinematic reel advertises the company behind CP2077 trailer!

Although… This one isn't boring to watch.

Oh come on Farflame, you are just a grumpy old man :biggrin:

Another Youtube Whore??! These Wretches should be sent to a Siberian Gulag to break stones!

C'mon man, you're better than that.

Actually he wrote exactly what crossed my mind when I started watching that video.
I'm sick and tired of those "showmen". Or "showgirls" in this case… They'd do anything for a click.

It irritated me so fast I had to escape to another channel that talks sincere about things, like this fresh Playstation masterpiece:

Is the MadQueen one of the pony people? Looks like some sort of unicorn tribute pajamas...

Wash your mouth with soap Ripper! My flatmate has one exactly like that. And she is normal... mostly...

Wash your mouth with soap Ripper! My flatmate has one exactly like that. And she is normal… mostly…

Normal is relative... unlike mine.

Ok, she is relatively normal :)

With a face/mouth full of hardware, she can hardly talk straight. Will be glad when the whole tatt/piercing fad eventually dies out. That was a waste of 7+ minutes.

i've read the comments without watching the video and i was like "harsh crowd", then i watched the video and well....

Back
Top Bottom