What games are you playing now?

Poured a few more hours into KCD. The more I play it, the more I like it.

It's got a lot more depth in the systems than I first thought. Loving the fact that combat is rare - and how well they've managed to personalise the story.

It's got a very unique feel to it. The game it reminds me of the most is the first Gothic.

The same sort of "alone in a foreign and dangerous world" feel with a strong touch of realism and convincing NPC behavior.

The only real problem I'm having is sluggish performance here and there, but that's because I'm close to max settings and the game is somewhat insanely demanding - courtesy of the CryEngine.

I'm curious to see how it evolves, but it's certainly close to getting its hooks into me.

Also, it scores extremely high on the immersion meter. Here's hoping the same is true for exploration - but I haven't really gotten to that part yet.

I started playing Icy Frostbite Edition. I had played through the game in the earlier edition and I must say it is much more interesting now.
The gameplay is better and they seem to have managed the pacing better too.
I believe I am about a third in with around 5 hours, so it is still a short-ish game, but the story is somewhat interesting.

I would recommend picking it up on sale if you don't yet have it.

Still playing Battle Brothers. Kind of wish the 'story' had more structure. Actually so far there is no story; you just roam around getting contracts and killing things. Maybe a story will develop later ?

The only real problem I'm having is sluggish performance here and there, but that's because I'm close to max settings and the game is somewhat insanely demanding - courtesy of the CryEngine.
Now that's odd.
I did not notice any kind of slog and my machine is "worse" than yours by at least half power.
Your machine IIRC was 1080ti, i9, 32 GB RAM and intel's fastest SSD.
Mine is 1070 non_ti from Gainward, i5, 8Gb of RAM and random cheap "noname" SSD.

These are my settings according to nvidia's bloatware (not visible on that pic aa used is SMAA2X):
pic.jpg

Damn, the forests in KCD are staggeringly beautiful.

Still not sure about the combined experience - but it does a LOT of things very, very right.

Sigh my PC can barely play KCD on High.:'(

Time to buy a new video card.

Anyway did you finish Witcher III and it's expansions already @Darth Tagnan?

KCD has exceeded all my expectations so far. I don't know what's to come, but it's a dream come true for me at this point. Pretty much agree with all the design decisions - which never really happens for me.

This is one game where realism is appropriate all-round. They made everything matter - and instead of a dreary and repetitive grind - it's been one interesting experience after the other.

Also, the forests are BEAUTIFUL ;)

That's odd. I thought you'll hate it's guts since:
- trashmobs don't respawn endlessly (well, they do, but are not forced on your head)
- no mmoing
- no Destiny 2 microtransactions

Well, the law of statistics state that you'll be right about something related to me eventually, joxy.....

Probably not when it comes to games, TV shows or movies, though.

I'm always right. Even when I'm not. Or left.

The game it reminds me of the most is the first Gothic.

The same sort of "alone in a foreign and dangerous world" feel with a strong touch of realism and convincing NPC behavior.

Interesting. I've held off on trying KCD because it seemed like it needed some refinement after release and also because I wasn't very interested in the setting.

I'm currently trying to decide what I'm going to play next, and now I might have to add that one to the mix. :)

Wow, Darth. Your words about Gothic and KCD are making me even more excited about the game!

I had KCD on my list ever since I read about the plans of making this game. I had not had the time to play any game though - till today.
I installed Stardew Valley and Ghost of a tale earlier today and while I was waiting for the download of KCD to finish I was getting bored and started reading this thread. What a coincidence you lot are discussing this game here!

I am now off to bed, and will start tomorrow playing. I can’t wait! :)

Still playing Battle Brothers. Kind of wish the 'story' had more structure. Actually so far there is no story; you just roam around getting contracts and killing things. Maybe a story will develop later ?
No there's no story. Other than the one you create for yourself...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom