Exp:Viking Expeditions: Viking - Sequel to Conquistador Announced

Expeditions: Viking

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Logic Artists announced today that Expeditions: Viking will be the sequel to Expeditions: Conquistador.

Expeditions: Viking Announced - Sequel to Historical RPG Expeditions: Conquistador

Copenhagen, Denmark -- May 20th, 2015 -- Danish indie developer Logic Artists today announced they have begun development on the second installment in their historical RPG Expeditions series, Expeditions: Viking. Set in the late 700’s A.D., Expeditions: Viking is a tactical RPG where players inherit the leadership of their clan and are charged with elevating their clan’s status by adventuring in far away lands and defending their home from their enemies both foreign and domestic.

With the announcement, Logic Artists has also revealed some details about the game. Building from the original designs of their first game Expeditions: Conquistador the Logic Artists team have also taken player suggestions to heart. Announcing that the Expeditions Sequel will have an upgradable player village which they must return to between expeditionary raids to build and protect. Over-land travel and combat will now exist as part of the same layer. Transitioning from unrestricted exploratory movement to turn-based combat smoothly. Additionally players will see their player character manifested in the game world not just as a Role-playing character for conversations and decision making (As was in the first of the Expeditions Series), but also visibly represented in travel and combat as a custom character.

“We are very excited to return to our roots in the RPG genre, and as developers from the Nordic region, to make a game in a setting that is a lot closer to home than anything we've done before”, said Jonas Wæver, Creative Director for Logic Artists.“We're improving on the Conquistador formula with deeper and more dynamic systems for character progression, combat abilities, role-playing, choice and consequence, and expanding on our favorite part of Conquistador: camping and wilderness survival”.

Expeditions: Viking is a Historically-themed RPG set in the Viking Age. As the new leader of a humble clan of farmers and fighters players must adventure into the unknown lands to the west to raid and/or trade their way to wealth, fame and glory. Will you rewrite history as a peaceful and benevolent trader? Or pave your road to Valhalla with the treasures and bones of your fallen enemies? Experience choice and consequence as never before in the much awaited addition to the Expeditions Series, Expeditions: Viking.
We have some artwork of the game in our gallery.

And the announcement trailer:​

More information.

Well here it is. The sequel is all about Vikings. Aries100 will go to the Nordic Game Convention for us next week and talk to Logic Artists about it.

That trailer was well done. I enjoyed it. Vikings are a good choice with Vikings series hyping up that part of human history in the minds of potential players.

Is there going to be a KS for this?

Nice. :)

I hope this time the player character participates in combat.

Yes, i will be going to the Nordic Game Conference this months. It is from 20-22th of May of this year. In more concrete terms, I will be going tomorrow. And meet up with the team from this game around 1:30 PM. If you have questions you'd like me to ask the developers, please feel free to ask them in this thread. And I'll ask them to the developers tomorrow.

As a Dane, I'm proud, of course, that we - finally - get an RPG which has Vikings in it.

The first game was one of those rare games that I always wanted to check out, but I never actually played it. Well, in fact, I don't even remember if I played it.

Age or amount of games? :(

One day…..

Yes, i will be going to the Nordic Game Conference this months. It is from 20-22th of May of this year. In more concrete terms, I will be going tomorrow. And meet up with the team from this game around 1:30 PM. If you have questions you'd like me to ask the developers, please feel free to ask them in this thread. And I'll ask them to the developers tomorrow.

As a Dane, I'm proud, of course, that we - finally - get an RPG which has Vikings in it.

You forgot the Banner Saga :-o

Questions :

1. How will combat be treated this time around ? Will there be more variety in troop types (it got a bit bland in the end, even though combat had tons of potential) ?

2. Will it be purely historical or will it have some mythological elements to it ? Light magic touches of the Vikings such as magical berserker axes or something ?

If you have questions you'd like me to ask the developers, please feel free to ask them in this thread. And I'll ask them to the developers tomorrow.
Nice! :)
My question: Will the player character participate in combat?

You forgot the Banner Saga :-o
Like all sensible people he ignores that game.
Questions :

1. How will combat be treated this time around ? Will there be more variety in troop types (it got a bit bland in the end, even though combat had tons of potential) ?

2. Will it be purely historical or will it have some mythological elements to it ? Light magic touches of the Vikings such as magical berserker axes or something ?
Mine are subquestions for these:
1a. Will we get a variety of beasts to fight vs as well?
2a. Will Nordic Gods directly influence the gameplay in some ways?

Nice. :)

I hope this time the player character participates in combat.

Uh, read the article :)

Additionally players will see their player character manifested in the game world not just as a Role-playing character for conversations and decision making (As was in the first of the Expeditions Series), but also visibly represented in travel and combat as a custom character.

The first game was one of those rare games that I always wanted to check out, but I never actually played it. Well, in fact, I don't even remember if I played it.

Age or amount of games? :(

One day…..

I didn't play it until well after release and was surprised how enjoyable the game was, and how little buzz it got compared to that goodness.

Looks great, I loved the first game. :)

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom