From Software - George R.R. Martin Collaboration?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
OnlySP reports that George R.R. Martin is collaborating with From Software on a game.

The writer of A Song of Ice and Fire, the book series behind the popular television show Game of Thrones, has reportedly been consulting on a FromSoftware title.

In a blog post on his official website, George R. R. Martin stated that he has "consulted on a video game out of Japan."

Gematsu has reported that a contact familiar with FromSoftware-the Japanese development studio known for Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice-has shared that Martin is working with the studio on a project known internally as "GR."

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

With Martin's "speed", this game won't appear before 2050.

With Martin's "speed", this game won't appear before 2050.

This is old news, he's already done working with them.

I remember the rumor of it, from almost a year ago, that he had helped them.

This is old news, he's already done working with them.

I remember the rumor of it, from almost a year ago, that he had helped them.
Yep it was mentioned a few months back but he confirmed it's true. Anyway on one hand I'm excited cause I love the setting, but I never liked playing any From Software game.

He's been working with From for three years now on that game.
Which is about 3 times longer than they worked on Sekiro or Dark Souls 3. Should be interesting to see what they can do with a little extra time.

My only fear is that it will be a Playstation 5 exclusive.
Yeah, someone should probably start the petition.

From Software and "open-world" in the same sentence definitely grabs my attention. I've been waiting for them to attempt another open-world game for almost 20 years.

My only fear is that it will be a Playstation 5 exclusive.

Like usual it will most likely be a system worth owning, for any gamer. Xbox has been totally uninteresting on the other hand. Though i do prefer PC overall, it's what i game on to 90%.

It would have to be a spectacular game to get me to purchase a console. These days, with all of these lovely jrpg's getting released on great old game and steam, my back log is actually preventing me from re-playing classics like I used to.

Elden Ring Announced - Featuring George R.R. Martin's Writing

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/10/elden-ring-open-world-rpg/
Apparently the game will be different from their previous grinders and more concentrated on RPG elements. Maybe finally I buy something from that overrated studio.

How is it overrated? they basically created a new genre which is now copied by hundreds of studios. They're often used as a reference when combat is discussed. You wouldn't know what overrated was if it so crawled up in your mushroom hair :p

There lies the problem with their games. They all have beautiful worlds and combat but not much else. They need better writing and narrative. Anyway I've said this before.

So help me if the story is told through books and scrolls again I'll throw a fit.

How is it overrated? they basically created a new genre which is now copied by hundreds of studios. They're often used as a reference when combat is discussed. You wouldn't know what overrated was if it so crawled up in your mushroom hair :p

They've created QTE2.0. That's not genre, but a technicality. And they're spamming all the same bullshit over and over in every game.
Studios that can't invent, copy. What are you trying to say? I'm the first one who'd rather play a great clone than a horrible original.
Have no idea who references them otherwise but I mentioned as cons copypasted QTE2.0 combat against bosses in AC Odyssey. An almost perfect game tainted by pathetic combat system and of course microtranssactions, but that's not the topic.

From Software is one hit wonder just like Riot Games, the difference is Riot is not cloning their own hit till doomsday.
Both of them are not and will never become Arkane Studios.

Kind of lukewarm on this.
Their art team/level designers could do some interesting things here, but…aren't they bloody tired of doing the same theme, over and over.
The world is damned, and so are you. You must kill the Mythical whatevers, to reach the source, the cycle continues.
There lies the problem with their games. They all have beautiful worlds and combat but not much else. They need better writing and narrative. Anyway I've said this before.
So help me if the story is told through books and scrolls again I'll throw a fit.

250px-132Ditto.png
!!!
Environmental storytelling works to a degree, as support, but you can't create any real personal connection/investment into world, so you could give a damn about it.

Back
Top Bottom