What is your job?

Just got home from a fantastic day of working. I actually managed to get 23 people to buy Digital T.v.

I'm a genius...

Wow it has been a long time since I posted here (or the "other place").

I work as a Detective Constable for a British police force. Hours are not good for a family man, pay is OK but I'm kinda old fashioned in that I actually enjoy making a difference and helping the victims of crime, which sometimes I actually manage to do!

Great to see you finally found us all Kendrick; welcome to the Watch, where we too try to make a difference, though in a far more insignificant way!! :)

IT Director, but I spend most of my time coding instead of "directing" :)

I make time for my hobby (*cough* addiction *cough*) by playing late at night after I put the family to bed. This means I play games from about midnight until 2am almost every night... Yes... I don't get enough sleep, but I must have my rec time ;)

narpet

Im 29 and unemployed since my life crashed 3 years ago. Im on my way back now.

I'm a housewife. I clean, cook, bake, bring children to school and pick them up, spend endless hours watching Dora the explorer, making play dough and admiring strangely colored blobs of paint that are suppose to represent me. :D

With the little one in school I now have several hours during the day which I spend aimlessly trolling forums and playing RPGs ;)

I am a semi-proffesional poker player... I love it! It really means living on the edge though..... when you are down $200 in 2 hours.... your start to panic about how you'll survive the month.... on the other hand when you are up $300 in 1 hour you start to feel pity for the 10 hour worker who earns less in an entire day!

Yep, being married to a house is not an easy thing!! :)

GG, when will we see you on the World Series of Poker??!! I've never enjoyed Poker; too much luck- I made a LOT of money playing Bridge in my youth, it paid my way through University!! :)

GG, when will we see you on the World Series of Poker??!! I've never enjoyed Poker; too much luck- I made a LOT of money playing Bridge in my youth, it paid my way through University!!

Haha, I am working on it..... tournaments is not really my thing though... too much luck in that. In No Limit Hold'em round table the best player will win in the long run... however being a mathematic genius is not enough.... you have to be pretty darn good with psychology too.... that is what I love about it. Nothing is so much fun as calling a big bluff with bad cards.... and getting the reaction "#"%#%¤%%¤#%#¤%#¤%&#%¤%#%¤#%¤#%#%¤#%#¤%#%#¤%¤#%¤#%#%#¤%¤&%&&/%&(/(/))(/)%&#%¤#%#%#¤%¤#%#¤%#¤¤#%¤#%#¤%¤#/&/()&)(/"%#¤#!" on the chat...

On the other hand.... when someone has less than 0.5% chance to win and gets lucky on the two last cards... I am the one writing that on the chat hehe.

@corwin-that sounds like you were a real vampire for a while;)

Last edited:
The hardest and most under-appreciated (and important) job in the world ... I salute you!

Damn Tootin'! Knowing what my wife does all day, every day, I know I couldn't do half as good a job as she does. I get off easy with cube-land.

Software development project manager in the data warehousing & business intelligence field

plus

wife

plus

two small children

plus

two energetic pit bulls

equals

very little gaming

I've been thru several jobs recently (not by choice), but I started a new one two months ago and it seems to be going well so far. Manufacturing engineer making negineered steel tubing.

Hehe, "being married to a house".. Corwin, you crack me up! :D

Back
Top Bottom