Just finished FFXV

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch
Awesome graphics, great music while driving in the car…
Confusing story (I had to read an explanation online).
Hated the combat. Hated the equipment system. Hated the magic system.
Overall, tied with FF8 for my least favorite FFs I've played (so it would be about 10, 9, 7, 6, 12, 13, 8/15), with the comma between 6 and 12 separating the FFs I've enjoyed from the ones I didn't.

Last edited:
http://kotaku.com/1792548901
Final Fantasy XV’s PS4 Pro update just hit. Version 1.05 brings the game’s PS4 Pro frame rate up to 60 FPS. On the Xbox One and PS4, the update increased FFXV’s level cap to 120 and added more Camera Roll storage, a portal music player for chocobo rides and limited-time hunts.

I'll never ever buy that game.

http://kotaku.com/1792548901

I'll never ever buy that game.

Well, hunts are optional for the most part. They're basically a 'Go to this spot in the map and kill X', and when you get to that spot the 'X' automatically pops out and you kill it. Considering you have a car that can automatically take you there it's not a big deal, unless of course the 'timed' part is about how long the actual battle should take, which is a killer for me because I'm not a good button smasher… but again, they're optional, they give you money and you won't be lacking for money as long as you do side quests.

Last edited:
Optional thing that isn't fun. It's like microtransactions in DX:MD and MMO rubbish part of MGS5.
Sorry, not buying optional stuff. Cut them out completely and put as paid DLC, lower the price because I don't want to pay for something I don't want to use, then we can talk about me buying the game.

Oh but no, these stuff *need* to bloat the main game.

Well if it doesn't show up for PC then I'm not touching it regardless. Even with the Pro version out, there's still no announcement.

Awesome graphics, great music while driving in the car…
Confusing story (I had to read an explanation online).
Hated the combat. Hated the equipment system. Hated the magic system.
Overall, tied with FF8 for my least favorite FFs I've played (so it would be about 10, 9, 7, 6, 12, 13, 8/15), with the comma between 6 and 12 separating the FFs I've enjoyed from the ones I didn't.

X is the first one you've played...am I right or am I right, eh?

X sucks. 4-7 and 12 are the best.

I tried playing X, and it felt like I was spending more time watching cinematics than playing a game.

I tried playing X, and it felt like I was spending more time watching cinematics than playing a game.

X was my first one, and it loses a lot in comparison to the other parts. There's only one part in the series I like even less. Still, I beg to differ about your opinion. IX is great, too. VI, however, is the best one so far. I'm almost done with it now, but I don't want to finish it yet. I love it way too much.

I've only played VI-X yet. Or should I say X-VI? Okay, I've never finished VIII, because I don't like it, but I got pretty far. XII is planned for this year. I'm also going to play XV, but not until they've released a complete edition with all DLCs. Why should I bother to play an incomplete game? No, I'll wait for the complete edition to hit the bargain bin.

When I started gaming, DLCs were called add-ons and added extra quests and a new story. Nowadays some companies (like Square Enix, obviously) leave holes in the original story lines and fill them with DLCs later, just to get more money from the players. Not with me, guys. I can wait. Sorry, not sorry.

X is the first one you've played…am I right or am I right, eh?

No that would be 7.

VI, however, is the best one so far. I'm almost done with it now, but I don't want to finish it yet. I love it
The problem is that I played VI many years later, like 3 years ago, and it was too old school for me. Still liked the game. Also, if you think it's the best because of the story, that's one problem right there, 'story' for me is not the highest category for how I like a game. Gameplay first, and though I'm not a graphics whore, I can't play games that look like RPG-Maker games anymore.

The second half of VI is great. I think the gameplay is good overall, though.
X is good and gets better when it opens up a bit. For a cinematic experience it was cool. I liked the Sphere Grid and Blitzball.
XII seems interesting. Have to play it sometime. For an MMO, XI was good. I really have little interest in 13 and beyond. IV, VI and VII are my favorites, with X up there. VII I need to re-play but I didn't like the Draw system. Atmosphere and ambiance was cool, though.
IX is another I have to play more of. Too many games, man, too many games.

Agreed

I felt the same way about XV, the combat was ok, magic sucked, equipment sucked, car was cool at first but got old fast, fetch/bounty quests got boring super fast and the story was completely incomprehensible (bumped up to confusing as fk if you watched the movie.)

I've played almost all of the FF series and I can say the only one I rank lower is X-2.

Great: V, VI, VII, X, XII,
Good: I, III, IV, VIII, IX, XIII-2,
OK: II, XIII,XIII LR
Disappointing: X-2, XV

I been going at FFXV the past few weeks but I still don't like the combat. It's very similar to Kingdom Hearts but I can't distinguish when the monster is going to attack. So it makes it very difficult on my part to defend. While as in Kingdom Hearts you know when to attack and when to defend. Is it just me?

I'd also add that it is very linear. Although, I must say that I loved Blitzball, one of the best mini games in the history of FF.

As for the FFXV, I tried to play it but I just don't feel it. The battle system feels random to me, the plot is not interesting at all and the characters are weak. Just my two cents…

I'd also add that it is very linear. Although, I must say that I loved Blitzball, one of the best mini games in the history of FF.

As for the FFXV, I tried to play it but I just don't feel it. The battle system feels random to me, the plot is not interesting at all and the characters are weak. Just my two cents…

See, to me "linear" is not bad, in fact, I prefer that to many so-called "open world" RPGs I've played.

I felt the same way about XV, the combat was ok, magic sucked, equipment sucked, car was cool at first but got old fast, fetch/bounty quests got boring super fast and the story was completely incomprehensible (bumped up to confusing as fk if you watched the movie.)

I've played almost all of the FF series and I can say the only one I rank lower is X-2.

Great: V, VI, VII, X, XII,
Good: I, III, IV, VIII, IX, XIII-2,
OK: II, XIII,XIII LR
Disappointing: X-2, XV

I can agree to most of this, but haven't played all of them. I would move VIII up to great and VII to good though, because I found the story in VIII much more captivating.

It's interesting how much opinions can differ when talking about FF games. Personally, I can't stand FF VIII. The world and characters did nothing for me, and the combat was the worst in the series. I thought the entire game felt like one long grind.

It's interesting how much opinions can differ when talking about FF games. Personally, I can't stand FF VIII. The world and characters did nothing for me, and the combat was the worst in the series. I thought the entire game felt like one long grind.

FF8 may not have had the best story but ti made up for it by having the best battle system. I was also intrigued by the whole system of taking your time to beat the game increase the difficulty of the game.

FF8 may not have had the best story but ti made up for it by having the best battle system. I was also intrigued by the whole system of taking your time to beat the game increase the difficulty of the game.

The difficulty seemed to increase because it had level scaling. That's also a major reason why combat was such a grind.

Well…you could seriously abuse the way limit breaks worked in FF8, and that combined with some pretty minor grinding to draw full stores of spells like Ultima and Protect honestly made the late game a cakewalk. I remember spending much more time grinding in other titles.

Back
Top Bottom