Neverwinter Nights revisited

CelesteGB

Watchhamster
Hey all,

I recently started playing SoU and HotU again after 11 years and could use some help. Does anyone have a list of what spells counter what spells? For example, in SoU with two different bosses, I kept getting one of the insta-death spells and didn't have any way to get something with Death Ward. I also had a lot of issues with Evarards black tentacles. Upon research, I did find that it requires a grapple check, which would require...strength?

Anyway, if there is a place that would give me help with spells and how to combat them, it would be greatly appreciated! (I used to have something saved in the old alt.neverwinter usenet group...but :)

Btw, I'm playing a Ranger/SD/Rogue

Thanks in advance!

Celeste

Thanks crpgnut. I still have mine, but I had an epiphany while playing today and even though my character is not a spellcaster and can't tell what is being cast, I remembered I can see what saving throws I'm not saving. This led me to the question, how can I raise my fortitude saving throws. I suppose the best way is a potion of endurance? Anything that boosts constitution, yes?

FWIW, I'm finally pulling all of it together, now that I'm playing the bridging module, The Nether Scrolls. Now I if I can just remember the enemies and what they tend to cast and what protections I need :)

And yes, I'll read the manual :D

Btw, I have a cold and am sluggish, but right after I posted, my husband found my handy dandy list in a pile by his desk that had what spell counteracts what spell. true it was from Baldur's Gate, but it's just weird it has been "lost" for years!

Last edited:
Installed my GOG copy of NWN Diamond recently, but I'm having trouble modding stuff.

For whatever reason, everything in the Override and Patch directory seems to be ignored. I don't remember having had this issue in the past.

But I can't use QPack or any other custom textures and such.

Like:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/combined/project-q

Is this a new issue - or am I just a moron?

I've tried following this guide to the letter:

https://lilura1.blogspot.dk/p/nwn-utility-visual-mods.html

No matter what I do, it seems the game is completely ignoring custom content.

As I recall, I didn't have to do anything except add stuff to Override - or use the Patch directory. Even when I add the files directly to the folders in NWN - nothing seems to be applied and it's all the old stuff.

Do I have to convert the Original Campaign or something? Wasn't necessary last time I tried.

I use CEP pak, which adds (not sure if it replaces any original texture) and didn't have to do anything to "switch the texture on".

Sorry, never used Project Q so not sure what might have gone wrong for your game.

I read comments in vault page and it seems like someone had issue with installation because the mod didn't recognise NWN.exe file during installation - was this case for you too?

You can post in Lilura's blog and see if she can help you as well, seeing that she actually uses the mod.

Do I have to convert the Original Campaign or something? Wasn't necessary last time I tried.

Mine didn't work until I fixed the path in the nwn.ini for the override folder in the alias section (I also took the time to move it to a secondary drive). That .ini can be found in your user Documents Neverwinter folder.

I also just dropped the Q pack stuff in a single NWNCQ folder in the override (picking what I want in the patch/optional parts) based on the page instructions.

Mine didn't work until I fixed the path in the nwn.ini for the override folder in the alias section (I also took the time to move it to a secondary drive). That .ini can be found in your user Documents Neverwinter folder.

I also just dropped the Q pack stuff in a single NWNCQ folder in the override (picking what I want in the patch/optional parts) based on the page instructions.

Thanks! Will try that out :)

Is there a good texture pack for nwn (resolution is awful low by todays standard) or does the engine restrict the resolution of the textures ?

The engine restrict the textures size to something like 16k (restriction greatly increased, up to 2gb, in the EE version might I add).

Project Q is the only texture pack available that override the original game content. It does what it can with the engine limits.

Thanks. So with the EE version while Bdog does not intend to improve the textures we might see fan made mods that redoes everything in high resolution ?

The engine restrict the textures size to something like 16k (restriction greatly increased, up to 2gb, in the EE version might I add).

Project Q is the only texture pack available that override the original game content. It does what it can with the engine limits.

Thanks. So with the EE version while Bdog does not intend to improve the textures we might see fan made mods that redoes everything in high resolution ?

It's possible, I'm not sure if any modders are interested in doing that though.

Back
Top Bottom