Quantcast
I have finished the game - Page 5 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity Original Sin 2 » I have finished the game

Default I have finished the game

January 12th, 2018, 16:15
I finished NWN years ago so i can't really remember much about it but I'm not sure it can compare to D:OS since D:OS is turn base

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

January 12th, 2018, 18:31
Hrm, I don't think that this soley defines the game. And guess it's good that way.
While I prefer turn based games, I wouldn't have wanted to rate Wasteland 2 purely on it's combat.

Never played the wirst NWN either though.
And maybe I would have completed NWN2 if it was turnbased. And if there hadn't been more attractive stuff around I might have just played it through easy mode, let the AI handle the stuff and not caring about challenges. But I think the only game in which I did this was actually Witcher 1.
Witcher 2 I also stopped playing because I hated the combat. Doesn't mean it's a bad game, I just strongly disliked the combat aspect.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

February 9th, 2018, 06:21
Done. Took me 200 hours but I finished it on tactical. A few notes…

WHERE WAS BELIGAR!? All I found was his cat!

Combat was great all throughout. Lots of new spells & skills to learn kept combat interesting the entire way through - and that's saying something given the game's hugeness. Teleport skills were particularly fun.

Fane is a very interesting character to have around with his undeadness. Heal spells hurt him and poison heals him - which made for some accidental deaths until I got used to it.

The story isn't as good as Witcher 3 but there's a twist right at the end that helped a lot (surprise surprise!).

Errrr, why was Sebille talking about how we made love in her speech? I left her sitting on deck that fateful night. She must have been dreaming about me so much she thought it was real, poor thing.

Lohse - Summoner, Water mage, Air mage (main)
Red Prince - 2H warrior, polymorph
Sebille - Archer with a little air mage to help her get around
Fane - Geo mage and Necromancer - got some fire mage levels at the end but never used them except for Haste.

P.S. For pity's sake, don't leave the mind worms behind!

P.P.S. Malady seemed to be setting us up for some DLC!
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Last edited by Zloth; February 9th, 2018 at 07:07.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

February 9th, 2018, 12:19
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
WHERE WAS BELIGAR!? All I found was his cat!
Yeah, no Bellegar that I'm aware of. A real shame!

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander
+1:

February 9th, 2018, 13:47
200 hours? wow. I finished it in like 60 why so long? or does that include several plays?

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 9th, 2018, 17:40
Played about that amount of time as well (counter at 199h), just takes a while if you do absolutely everything and take highest difficulty.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

February 10th, 2018, 02:38
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
200 hours? wow. I finished it in like 60 why so long? or does that include several plays?
Just one play-through. Those battles were hard - I didn't do all that much re-loading but I sure did a lot of thinking for every… single… move.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

February 10th, 2018, 02:55
One thing that throws me off sometimes is the loss of action points by running through slowing surfaces or by getting hit by attacks of opportunity. It would be nice if the AP indicator would properly take these things into consideration.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

February 10th, 2018, 03:38
Yeah - at least for the slow. The opportunity attacks might be hard because you could be missed.
--

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

February 10th, 2018, 05:53
I’d rather be surprised by getting an extra AP than the current situation where movement estimates can only cause bad surprises.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

February 11th, 2018, 03:34
Two hundred hours in this game? Dear god, what the fork???? First, condolences, and second, what on earth did you do for that long in this game? I spent quite some time on some games but near thirty was my limit for this one.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

February 11th, 2018, 06:08
Condolences hell - it was fun! I did have take a Saturday "off" and play Gemini: Warlords for a break but it's been almost all Larian since mid-November for me. Witcher 3 took just a few hours less - though I spent a lot more time playing with screenshots in that game.
--

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

+1:

February 11th, 2018, 14:13
Definitely a big use of time. Probably near the 80 hour mark now. But I leave it running while doing other things.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity Original Sin 2 » I have finished the game