Witcher Just Wow...

The Witcher

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
I've tried to play this game multiple times over the years and never got very far. Finally played through it. Simply amazing game. Best RPG I've played since Baldur's Gate. A true classic in my opinion and the game has aged incredibly well with the Enhanced Edition. Its a bit on rails but the story, game system and overall attention to detail really deliver. I didn't mean to finish it tonight and be up this late but I simply couldn't quit. I thought I was going to hate the combat based on the opening sequence of the game but just the opposite. I loved it. I had to kill ALL my enemies!!!!

You tore through that pretty quick. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I agree 100% about it being a classic. The storytelling is superb, and that plot twist…:wideeyed:

I really struggled completing it a few years ago and despised the fetch quest design, but I ended up appreciating the experience because of the story - especially chapter 4 :)

It's definitely a slog to get through at times, that damn Swamp level......uugggghhhh.

But what a payoff, and what a twist too. TW1 is one of the few games that I think would benefit from an update/remake release. Trim the fat, tidy up the more annoying elements, and it'd be an easy but deserved extra payday for CDPR.

After TW3's success, I thin kit'd be worth them considering.

What twist are you referring to? I had a few unknowns at the end perhaps because

I supported the Order. Never found out what became of Alvin and Shani who I picked over Triss. Last I saw Shani before the final sequences on the ice she was in the hospital alive and well. I also did not complete the armor quest

What twist are you referring to? I had a few unknowns at the end perhaps because

I supported the Order. Never found out what became of Alvin and Shani who I picked over Triss. Last I saw Shani before the final sequences on the ice she was in the hospital alive and well. I also did not complete the armor quest

I've only played through it once and it was ages ago now, so I'm not sure how alternative endings & plotlines pan out. All I will say is load an earlier save, and unearth more about Alvin & Shani.

I read the Wikis and it seems I've uncovered everything about them already.
There is no real conclusion for either of these NPC's at least in Witcher 1.

The hints are pretty subtle, and a lot of people don't realize it their first time through or miss it altogether. I sent you a PM. :)

Oh when it all falls into place.......BOOM!! :)

Back
Top Bottom