Favorite Purchases This Year

Void000

Since this year's been a little slow, I thought it would help if we made a list of our best purchases this year.

For me:

Fort Triumph
Stoneshard
Haxity
Blightbound
Othercide

If anyone wants to add some new releases, those are my suggestions.

Games I purchased this year that I got the most enjoyment out of.:thinking:

Well lets see.

Atom RPG
SpellForce 3
SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest
The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel III
Pillars of Eternity II - Deadfire
Kingdom Come Deliverance
GreedFall
Queen's Wish The Conqueror
Total War - WARHAMMER II
Total War - Three Kingdoms

I'll enjoy Wasteland 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 this month and later this year as well.

I don't play console games and many indie games so I can't add any of those sorry.:(

I've bought a few games this year I haven't played yet, but mainly I've been going through my existing library.

Disco Elysium was a great purchase - text heavy fixed protagonist games are not usually my kind of thing, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. A real gem. I had some fun with Papers, Please until the novelty wore off. I'm also excited to have finally purchased Knights of the Chalice 2, but I'm still waiting for a few patches I think before wading in.

I think Wasteland 3 looks great, but apparently my laptop falls short of the minimum specs sadly - argh! I can usually run those kinds of games so it's a bit disappointing. I've started dropping hints with my wife about the need to spend some money on an upgrade, don't see it happening any time soon though unfortunately...

I think Wasteland 3 looks great, but apparently my laptop falls short of the minimum specs sadly - argh! I can usually run those kinds of games so it's a bit disappointing. I've started dropping hints with my wife about the need to spend some money on an upgrade, don't see it happening any time soon though unfortunately…
It probably has to with the graphic overhaul and multi-story buildings this time. I remember reading about this on past updates. Its still not that demanding though.

Official Minimum Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K or equivalent
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or Radeon HD 7970
  • Storage: 55 GB available space
Official Recommended Requirements

• Processor: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970/AMD 290 equivalent or greater
  • Storage: 55 GB available space

Yeah my 870m falls short of the GTX 760 sadly. Maybe if it comes to Geforce Now or something I might get it to work, although I've found that to be patchy with other games. If I do find a way of running it I expect will be among my favourite purchases this year - it looks great.

DOS II (by Larian)

I really don't buy that much for me anymore, as fewer and fewrer games are appealing to me. It feels as if I'm not wanted by the games industry.

As the title and OP didn’t mention any restrictions to games, my favorite purchases of this year are my new desk chair (since I work from home for a couple of months) and a second hand Wacom pen tablet, used primarily for editing photos.
I haven’t bought any games, given the backlog I have and there was nothing released this year that I really wanted to play.

True I did buy some new furniture and a TV I love as well.:)

My favourite game purchase is Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous alpha.

Other fun one is Monster Hunter: World Iceborne expansion :)

If we are talking about non-game stuff, then Swarovski crystal jewelries!

I've not purchased any games for myself since winter holidays, so my favourite purchase this year to date has been getting new windows for my home. Now I just have to hope the hurricanes stay away from me!

Troubleshooter : Abandoned Children - Hands down the most fun I've had with a game in a long time.

Runners Up:
Kingdom Come Deliverance
GreedFall
Atom RPG

Troubleshooter : Abandoned Children - Hands down the most fun I've had with a game in a long time.
Same goes for me. For the money invested I expected a few days of fun then forget, instead I got a serious addiction!

Runners up:
2TB SSD (a third SSD inside, finally my rig is HDD free)
t-shirt that says "I paused my game to be here" (no "wait till I finish clicking Travian" :()
a cup of espresso once bars reopened (couldn't believe how much I missed it)

My best purchase was my new Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse.

So you've finally started playing Counterstrike and installed also Valorant.
I knew it. :p

Never!! I just buy the best wireless mouse I can afford!! :)

2019 Impala and a ton of single-character, single-player survival games. I think they were all early access or abandoned but I got a few thousand hours out of the batch.

Hades
Underrail
Yakuza Kiwami 1&2
The Last of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima

I also bought a couple of DLC that got me playing games from previous years again, like TW: Warhammer and European Truck Simulator 2. Which is also nice.

Thanks! I'll have to give Troubleshooter a second try. I bought it in early access. Remember thinking the premise was a little silly, in the usual anime fashion, but if the mechanics and core gameplay loop are solid, I'll give it a second shot.

I guess it counts, so my favourite purchase this year was my SecretLab DVa gaming chair, which my kittens so diligently scratched and made fully non-refundable within 24 hours!

Game-wise...

- Fire Emblem Three Houses
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne
- The Last of Us 2

I want to say Othercide, but it's in the Honeymoon phase, need to wait and look back at it in a month or so. I want to try Troubleshooter too, but I just started a new playthrough of Tactics Ogre. Maybe after? Keep hearing good things of it so I'll put it in "potential favourite purchases this year".

My new computer. Now I can play Assassins Creed Odyssey, which I think is fantastic. Will try Greedfall next and Kingdom Come.

Back
Top Bottom