If you could time-travel which period would you go to?

If you could time-travel which period would you go to?

• The past

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • The future

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I'll just stay here

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
I'd take a chance on 200 years in the future. It's a gamble but things tend to get better for us as time progresses, and I want to see us colonizing the Solar System.

If I were going to take a bet on a future jump, I'd go a bit further forward. I'll be surprised if we get away without environmental, economic and political breakdown, and quite possibly a nuclear conflict. If the species staggers through it, I'd like to give it some time to recover, and possibly make some real progress.

That's a bit of a gamble too, in the sense that we don't know if events would occur the same way again, or if we would replay the campaign again with fresh rolls. Not too much of a gamble, though - at worst you get to live last week again, assuming you don't get unlucky in the new game.

When I learned to really read I become obsessed with ancient history and especially Babylon so I would probably be okay with going there under the later years of the 2nd/new babylonian empire

who knows i might get to see susanna bathing before I was enslaved or killed

More seriously when I finally got to see the ishtar gate at the pergammon museum in Berlin in 88 it was a childhood dream come true and it would be very fun to see it where it used to be

Ps. at the moment I am feeling a bit moribund and depressed and would be okay with time travel
Ps.. it´s seasonal in spring I´m usually convinced that I will die at any moment and that that would be good I don´t know why but it is the perfect time of the year to go time travelling cause I won´t have anything to lose

Last edited:
Curiously, we can travel back and forth in space, but not in time. I'd prefer that we could. Hence I'd pick all of the options above.

Curiously, we can travel back and forth in space, but not in time. I'd prefer that we could. Hence I'd pick all of the options above.
We could also gamble in the following way: we go so far into the future that we can safely assume that they have improved our immature time travel technology and have removed the one-way restriction. Then we can go whenever we want.

I'd rather get turned into a vampire and suffer immortality. It's probably the only way I'll ever catch up on my gaming backlog.

Err...

The future.

Going back and making billions is cliche - sounds like a bad novel. Staying in the present to be with loved ones until you all die of old age sounds like a waltons series.

The future will be interesting any way you slice it. Could end up being anything from technological wonderland to a return to the caves. It seems like this iteration of man will wipe itself out with insatiable greed, but you never know.

I'd travel back to maybe the 1920s or 30s and make myself rich enough to let out my inner eccentric hermit to revel in the sunlight. I doubt I'd be able to alter the foolish path of man much, though taking out Hitler might be a fun daytrip. Trump might want to watch his back, too, once he omes of age. On my mountain, compound or island, it'd be the law according to Huggy Face, which would be paradise, of course.

As it's one way, I'm going back to the 80s as it's a decade I understand. It was a great time to be a young adult but I didn't truly appreciate it. I wouldn't want to meet myself though or listen to my retrospective advice. If there's a return ticket to be thrown in I am curious about how things turn out for us humans in a few decades.

I'd travel back to maybe the 1920s or 30s and make myself rich enough to let out my inner eccentric hermit to revel in the sunlight. I doubt I'd be able to alter the foolish path of man much, though taking out Hitler might be a fun daytrip. Trump might want to watch his back, too, once he omes of age. On my mountain, compound or island, it'd be the law according to Huggy Face, which would be paradise, of course.
Be careful with that as something far worse then Hitler might be the result. Who knows the Russians could have taken over all of Europe earlier with a different WW2.

I could live with just the Bond-villian compound/island/mountain/mountain island.

The past was much more grim than everyone here might understand. I'm reading Archaeology books and magszines, and the findings show that, for example, there was lesser Hygiene than we have today. For example. Or that wars were fought more brutally, with actual swords cutting into the flesh. The Illiad has some very graphic descriptions of how this stuff, like the brain comes out of the skull, for example, despite being 4000 ? or so years old.
There even was a ruler who is said to have been living with an arrow inside of his head for a while : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_IV,_Margrave_of_Brandenburg-Stendal

During a fight in Staßfurt in 1280, Otto was hit by an arrow. Allegedly, he lived for a year with an arrow sticking out of his head, hence his nickname. It is not quite clear how long he walked around like that; one tradition says "for some time", another says "for many years". There are no written sources to resolve this.[1]

And Slavery. I really wouldn't want that.

Plus, there were no states like ours, and rulers were mostly doing so after their personal ? beliefs. Positive : Marc Aurel. Negative : Nero.

Sounds selfish, but I'd use a lot of that to help others. My greatest contribution would be warning my fellow gamers not to purchase Cyberpunk 2077 at release.
Unfortunately, existing twice would cause an absolute nightmare when it came to taxes. You would be stuck in court so much that you wouldn't have time to enjoy your oddly-gotten-gains. Revealing your foreknowledge about Cyberpunk would tip off the IRS.

While you aren't totally convinced of this now, one of the first gamers you contact with your warning will spell it out in detail and you'll learn to keep quiet. He'll keep your secret, too - up until today - and even then, nobody will believe him.

Unfortunately, if you went back to the past, you'd split into a new timeline where you might save the people in that timeline from having to suffer the CP2077 release, but all of us back here in the original timeline would still be screwed. :'(

Unfortunately, if you went back to the past, you'd split into a new timeline where you might save the people in that timeline from having to suffer the CP2077 release, but all of us back here in the original timeline would still be screwed. :'(
Yeah the theory about if you mess with time it corrects itself in an alternate version while the original would still continue without you. Thank you Hot Tub Time Machine 2 movie.

Back
Top Bottom