The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Nirvana was really good, in some ways a culmination of the grunge era that had begun in the eighties, yet they likely would have never existed without acts like the Pixies and Melvins to carve the way for them. And, of course both those bands owe huge props to Sex Pistols, Lou Reed, Velvet Underground, and many others.

And yeah, the ladies loved the Pixies. Oh my, did they ever!!

Sometimes I think when I take to the porch that I'm trying to recreate the best of one hundred twenty minutes, back when MTV actually played music, and sometimes it was actually music worth listening to. Man, if someone could put all that live music from that show on CD's, I'd save up to buy them all.
You might find this helpful in putting together your shopping list:
https://120minutes.tylerc.com/1994/
(nothing special about that year, that's just what I was looking at when I bookmarked the site)

My first girlfriend was a little holiday romance, and she was a Pixies fanatic. I was more about Nirvana, but I learned to appreciate them. :p
Loong time ago my girlfriend (as it turned out) wannabe, later wife for 43 years, came home to me to copy a Pink Floyd album. Of all my albums, we selected Obscured by Clouds.

I don't think she ever listened to it again.

pibbuR who initially fell for huuuge collection of Asterix albums

Another band I like: Sons of Apollo, with two former Dream Theater members: Portnoy ans Sherinian.

Here's Goodbye Divinity (Welcome Baldur's Gate 3?):

pibbur who is the son of Arnfred.

This afternoon I went to the porch with a new album, well, more of a replacement as I've owned this one before, I must have lost or given it away at some time. REM, the I.R.S. Years, a really solid gathering of the songs that really put this group on the map. I still remember seeing them in some really seedy dives outside Atlanta and Athens in the late seventies/early eighties, they were most excellent in person. Once they hit college radio, they were a shoe-in forever.

This morning one of my neighbors was working on setting up some horror props for samhain, so I broke out Dr. Demento's Halloween album, and a couple of Elvira's best offerings. Had to dust them off anyways so they'd be ready in slightly over three weeks for the big day!!

Pretty amazing dance mix:

Okay if that was dancing, I'm an olympian level dancer :)

P.S. I like the beat of the music though.

Last edited:
And this morning it was the Sex Pistols, two of their albums kept time with me on the porch this morning: Never Mind the Bollocks, and Swindle. Yessir, I'm wide awake, now!!

Back
Top Bottom