VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Postponed and New Studio - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Postponed and New Studio

Default VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Postponed and New Studio

February 23rd, 2021, 18:40
From the Paradox Interactive year-end report 2020:

Year-end Report 2020

[…]

This also affects the development of Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, where we communicated a delay during the third quarter of 2020. We have now chosen to postpone the release of the game further, and we will not be launching the game in 2021. We have also decided that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2, and we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner to finish work on the game. This has been a difficult decision, but we are convinced that it is the right way forward to do the game justice.

[…]
Thanks Yemeth!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
+1:

February 23rd, 2021, 18:56
rip..

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 19:42
Just refunded my purchase of it. Sad. I wonder if we'll get a report of sorts on what happened, and how it came to this. I'd be curious to find out. Anyone know of any credible rumours as to what happened? It looked so promising from the gameplay they shared.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 19:49
Good grief…no 2021 release *and* a new studio. This is going to take a while.

And why wasn't the name of the newly selected studio included in the year-end report?

lianliu

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 20:02
What can I say but I'm not surprised. The development problems and mismanagement of both Hardsuit Labs and Paradox are well known at this point. This was written in stone.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”
Last edited by Couchpotato; February 23rd, 2021 at 20:25.

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
+1:

February 23rd, 2021, 20:04
I did NOT see this coming …

/s

Sad though … the original remains one of my all-time favorites, so I know this is a sentimental rather than rational purchase …perhaps the best thing is getting info to confirm my expectations into the dumpster.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 20:10
I guess the best case scenario is that the game itself is not in bad shape, but that the relationship between Paradox and the studio broke down. Occasionally you do come across people that are just impossible to deal with, and someone in authority decides they've had enough of their shit.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
+1:

February 23rd, 2021, 20:10
The last three news-bits alluded this was going to happen.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45745
Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46121
Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46443
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

February 23rd, 2021, 20:23
Well, it could be worse. If they were following the tradition of the first game, they simply would have released it anyway ;-)

Since they already invested a lot of money there, they will very likely release it some day, but what this implies for quality (or a release date) is anyone's guess.

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 20:36
Originally Posted by lianliu View Post

And why wasn't the name of the newly selected studio included in the year-end report?
Because a new studio hasn't been selected yet. Did you read the press release?

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 20:47
My expectations were already pretty close to zero and in any case this isn't at all surprising.

epithumia

thiefmissions.com
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 21:07
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Because a new studio hasn't been selected yet. Did you read the press release?
"we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner" it says they've started collaborating with a new studio.

Hannarr

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

February 23rd, 2021, 21:28
Just asked Steam to refund my super-special edition I pre-ordered the day it was announced. Almost two years of wait with no end in sight is enough. First time I asked for a refund, too.

I will see what becomes of this and then maaaaaybe buy it again. I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed. VtM: BL2 is one of my most favorite games ever. Sad.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 21:29
Sometimes you circle the drain, and sometimes you take the plunge. I think I just heard a massive /flush.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 22:17
I never expected anything from this. It will be interesting to see what the end result looks like.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
+1:

February 23rd, 2021, 22:46
I don't pre-order games anymore, but this is still my most wanted game. However with all the delays and my desire to not buy any game until it's complete and under $25, I'm sure I won't get my hands on it until 2028.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

February 23rd, 2021, 23:15
Originally Posted by Hannarr View Post
"we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner" it says they've started collaborating with a new studio.
My bad for not looking to see which quoted document led this post off. I thought it was referring to the press release that was released today, which doesn't use that kind of wording:

"Good morning, everyone

As you have noticed, we’ve been keeping pretty quiet for a while. With this in mind, the first piece of news we have for you is to confirm that Bloodlines 2 is still in development.

Secondly, we have made the hard decision that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2 - which also means that we will not be releasing in 2021 as previously planned. Since we cannot at this time communicate a new release date, we've also decided to stop accepting pre-orders for the time being.

This game is very important to us and it has been an ambitious project from the very start. In order to meet our goals for it, we’ve come to the conclusion that a change is needed and, as a result, more development time is required.

We’d like to take this opportunity to honor Hardsuit Labs for their efforts and thank them for their hard work on the project. The studio has done a tremendous job in laying the foundations for the game and we hope that you, the community, will also appreciate their contribution to Bloodlines 2.

We’re thankful for your continuous support throughout the game’s development. We understand how important this is to you, and we’d love to share more with you. As soon as we can, we’ll let you know what the future development team of Bloodlines 2 will look like."

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

February 23rd, 2021, 23:20
I haven't watched the whole video yet, but this is a person who works for Paradox and is a huge Vampire Bloodlines fan who has extensively played 2 at various stages in its development. Information has been hard to come by and she's as good a source as any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2PsPo5z4co

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

February 23rd, 2021, 23:29
She's a corporate shill of Paradox owned WoD and can't talk about certain topics. As one commenter said she didn't need 20 minutes just three to answer the DAMN question.

Basically she can't trash talk or air out the dirty laundry.
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

+1:

February 23rd, 2021, 23:34
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
She's a corporate shill of Paradox owned WoD and can't talk about certain topics. As one commenter said she didn't need 20 minutes just three to answer the DAMN question.

Basically she can't trash talk or air out the dirty laundry.
Did you listen? There's an NDA, of course, so she can't be explicit about everything, but she's not a "corporate shill." She knows many of the people involved and gave a lot more info than I've otherwise heard for a year and a half.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Postponed and New Studio