Elex 2 - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex » Elex 2

Default Elex 2

August 14th, 2021, 23:29
Yeah, that's the old link there. I was wondering where he saw December 31st. I agree that it seems an unlikely date.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)

August 15th, 2021, 10:53
It was on one of the game keys shopping sites but had been the 19 October date previously. Looking further there's very little of substance but given how close we are to the October date I think we can assume it isn't going t be this year.

kborom

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 15th, 2021, 16:15
I wouldn't totally rule out that PB will announce ELEX 2 for a 10/19 release at Gamescom next week (accompanied by a gameplay trailer or two). They said they wanted a much shorter marketing period for the sequel so it would not be overly surprising.

Of course, there is also the statement from Gamestar who said in their preview that they would guess at a release next summer (2022) which is a curious guess for a gaming mag.

Knowing that PB and Gamestar are best buddies, I would almost be tempted to go conspiracy nut and assume that Mr. and Mrs. Pankratz might have made the Gamestar guy say this so they could negotiate for another extension with THQ Nordic.

Whatever… we'll find out at Gamescom in about a week. In the meantime they have posted yet another new artwork on social media.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
+1:

September 2nd, 2021, 16:49
ELEX 2 and THQ Nordic as a whole were surprisingly a complete no show at Gamescom but it all makes sense now because THQ Nordic are having a digital 10th anniversary celebration on September 17th. There is an anniversary trailer on YouTube showing known ELEX 2 scenes and scenes from many other THQ Nordic game franchises. The event on 9/17 will be hosted by Geoff Keighley (who else? *yawn* ).

There will definitely be new info on ELEX 2 and also six new (old) game announcements. From the Steam page

The showcase will be hosted by Geoff Keighley, executive producer and host of The Game Awards, and will feature six new game announcements that will take you on a journey through time and space. Witness the return of legendary franchises, including some for which fans have been waiting decades to get their hands on a new installment, and you can also expect to see sequels to beloved games. We hope you are ready, kids!

We also plan to release new information and footage for Open-World-Sci-Fi-Fantasy RPG ELEX II, and upcoming CRPG Expeditions: Rome will join the show to demo the latest and greatest gameplay! If you tune in a few minutes earlier, you can also get a glimpse of what our friends at HandyGames have been working on lately in the pre-show.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

September 2nd, 2021, 16:54
Yeah I just spotted that a few minutes ago as well. Seems every well known publisher has to have some type of live event to drum up PR nowadays with Geoff Keighley.

Thanks for posting that Moriendor.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 2nd, 2021 at 18:55.

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)

September 2nd, 2021, 16:59
I have only a limited ability to survive in the giga-cringe of Geoff Keighley's game ceremonies. I shall be grateful to other Watchers for filtering the information for us.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

September 2nd, 2021, 18:42
That anniversary trailer looks like it's just a mash-up of scenes from other trailers. Kind of disappointing. I hope "new information" means they're finally giving us an offical release date.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 2nd, 2021, 19:54
I had to Google i know who he is. *shame*

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

September 10th, 2021, 21:50
Gamescom online was strange. I'm not sure if youtube format works well for them - they don't have that many cool trailers to show. It would be maybe better if they would try something new - like to have webpage with virtual rooms of publishers, where you could get some informations about indies or more detailed videos or something like that. More about you getting info than just show about games which are not good for a show.

Dafela

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 15th, 2021, 18:44
A few small ELEX 2 tidbits via the World of Elex forums:

THQ Nordic is now selling ELEX 2 merchandise like this Alb backpack . The merch will be available on October 22nd.

Naturally this leads to speculation with regard to a possible ELEX 2 release date but there is also Gothic merchandise like a Sleeper Mask T-Shirt, a Welcome To The Colony T-Shirt and a Golden Trio Mousemat .
The Gothic mousemat will be available on the same date in October as the ELEX 2 Alb backpack so it is unclear whether the availability of the backpack has anything to do with a potential ELEX 2 release date.

Furthermore, we already know that we will get ELEX 2 news (presumably a release date) and footage at THQ Nordic's 10 year anniversary event this upcoming Friday. The anniversary will also be celebrated by the German gaming media, specifically by Mein-MMO.de. They will be hosting a stream on Twitch with Bjoern and Jennifer Pankratz on Monday to talk about Gothic, Risen and ELEX. The stream starts at 19:00 CEST. There will also be Kingdoms of Amalur devs present (KoA franchise could definitely be another candidate for a new game announcement on Friday during the 10 year anniversary event).

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

September 17th, 2021, 09:46
Another minor bit of news before the floodgates open tonight (remember 21:00 CEST is the THQ 10 year anniversary stream with ELEX 2 news and six new game announcements):

ELEX 2 has officially been rated "USK 12" by the German USK board. This is the same age rating as the first game.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

September 17th, 2021, 09:53
I wonder if we'll see gameplay from Elex 2

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

September 17th, 2021, 10:03
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post

That is 100% guaranteed . The stream announcement said that there will be ELEX 2 news and footage.

BTW, Bjoern Pankratz has also said in the latest DevPlay video that ELEX 2 is now in the "shipping phase", i.e. they will almost definitely announce a release date tonight which is most likely going to be in the not too distant future. Maybe there was some truth to that October 19th release date leak after all…

He also said in that video that work on the next project (99.99999…% chance this is ELEX 3) has already begun but that's kind of non-news since he has already stated in the past that they sometimes begin to work on concepts for the new game up to a full year before the current game is released.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

September 17th, 2021, 10:18
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
That is 100% guaranteed . The stream announcement said that there will be ELEX 2 news and footage.

BTW, Bjoern Pankratz has also said in the latest DevPlay video that ELEX 2 is now in the "shipping phase", i.e. they will almost definitely announce a release date tonight which is most likely going to be in the not too distant future. Maybe there was some truth to that October 19th release date leak after all…

He also said in that video that work on the next project (99.99999…% chance this is ELEX 3) has already begun but that's kind of non-news since he has already stated in the past that they sometimes begin to work on concepts for the new game up to a full year before the current game is released.
Great news. Great to hear all PB games come in 3s.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

September 17th, 2021, 22:17
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
That is 100% guaranteed

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 17th, 2021, 22:21
Well, German streamer Gronkh is currently playing ELEX 2 live with the Pankratz family on Twitch . It is quite surprising that they seemingly still haven‘t talked about a release date yet. WTF? Streamers are playing the game and the public is left in the dark. That’s a weird marketing campaign.

https://twitch.tv/gronkh/

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

September 17th, 2021, 22:22
Yeah the trailer was barely two minutes with no release date given.

ELEX II - Story Trailer

loading…
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

September 17th, 2021, 22:23
Well, German streamer Gronkh is currently playing ELEX 2 live with the Pankratz family on Twitch . It is quite surprising that they seemingly still haven‘t talked about a release date yet. WTF? Streamers are playing the game and the public is left in the dark. That’s a weird marketing campaign.

https://twitch.tv/gronkh/
Really weird strategy indeed. What the hell are they thinking. Keeping this secret

Elex 2 is looking very good indeed. I can't remember how Elex 1 looked, since I only played it for around 5 hours. Graphically it looks pretty cool indeed.

Love how the character models still look as stiff as always. But I feel they looked a lot more natural with the animations in the original Gothic games. Anyway, nitpicking.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

September 17th, 2021, 22:34
Yes.. we really needed that trailer posted a third time.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 17th, 2021, 22:36
Yeah well you know what I think of your opinion.

Bend over and kiss it.

Frankly I don't care if this post gets flagged or reported.
--

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

+1:

Tags
elex 2
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex » Elex 2