ELEX 2 - Gameplay and first impressions - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX 2 - Gameplay and first impressions

Default ELEX 2 - Gameplay and first impressions

September 26th, 2021, 18:13
Karak (ACG) gives his first impressions on a 28-minute gameplay of Elex 2.

ELEX 2 May Be the Jetpack Assisted AA Game This Year | Impressions | Walking the Walk #33

loading…

More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

September 26th, 2021, 18:17
Is it just me or are all faces very weird?
--
Are you sure that the life you live is the real one, or a life imposed?

Denril

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 26th, 2021, 19:42
Not just you . The faces are the most obvious and most criticized issue in the fan forums.

BTW, there is/was another stream on Fextralife about a week ago. I'm not sure if it's been linked to here before so here it is.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

September 26th, 2021, 20:37
I thought tired faces are trademarked by Bioware.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)

September 26th, 2021, 21:09
Originally Posted by Denril View Post
A little but the reviewer suggested that some of them may be placeholders. We'll see. I like the face s from Elex1 better at this point.

fragonard

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

September 26th, 2021, 21:14
Other than the faces, the beta is looking great. Really looking forward to this.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

September 26th, 2021, 21:39
Who cares for faces, I want early access now!

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

September 26th, 2021, 21:52
Big no for me about launching on Early Access. Just announce the release date already.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)

September 26th, 2021, 22:24
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
Not just you . The faces are the most obvious and most criticized issue in the fan forums.
Maybe AI is somewhat unfinished too. (but I saw different video)

loading…
--
----------------------------------------------------------------
New videos of RPGs/story-driven games (+ENG subtitles):
https://www.youtube.com/user/Rastm4N/videos

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

September 26th, 2021, 22:31
@Farflame Yeah, that's the story trailer which has much better looking rendered characters (that trailer was most likely outsourced as PB don't usually do rendered stuff themselves).

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

September 26th, 2021, 23:31
It's funny to me that they could have such great lip-syncing but allow some of the characters to have butt-ugly faces.

I want to know who the five joinable factions are. There's been a lot of speculation about that.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
+1:

September 26th, 2021, 23:48
Oof. In attempting to be more detailed in the character models and animations, they've made things so much worse. This is like Oblivion crossed with cheap animatronics.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

September 27th, 2021, 02:43
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I want to know who the five joinable factions are. There's been a lot of speculation about that.
Personally, I'm most interested in the independent path since that will be a first for a PB game. Whenever I get around to playing the game, I will most likely stick to staying factionless. I'm wondering which advantages/disadvantages this will have. The factions are usually linked to a playstyle (Berserkers = magic users) so it will be quite interesting to see which skills/spells you can learn as a factionless character. Will you be a jack of all trades, master of none? We'll see…

As far as factions are concerned, whether playable or not, which ones are in the game and what we know so far:

- The Berserkers: Most likely playable again. They are at war with (some of) the Morkons. World hearts are still a thing in ELEX 2. The Berserkers are most likely a 'creation' faction.

- The Morkons: They live in a cavern fortress. They (or at least a part of them) are at war with the Berserkers. They worship a dark, destructive god. They are a 'destruction' faction. There are hints in the Gronkh stream, and that's why I put "some of them" above, that there might be more evil and less evil Morkons.

- The Albs: According to the intro they are a more reasonable and moderate faction now. This could be a neutral faction in the middle between 'creation' and 'destruction'.

- The 6th Power: This is Adam Dawkins' faction/bastion. This could actually be the neutral/independent factionless path… or one of the factions.

… and then there is the obvious questions what became of the Outlaws and the Clerics? The Outlaws might still be there (Nasty is a confirmed returning character) but the Clerics are a huge unknown… what happened to them after they found out that Calaan is a lie? Are they -or remnants of them- the Morkons? Or will they return as a differently named faction?

One of the first released ELEX 2 pictures was this one by the way and it does not seem like a coincidence that this picture is showing five characters (as the five confirmed joinable factions). Red might be destruction, blue could be creation. From left to right we could be looking at red Morkons, red Outlaws, white Albs (in the middle … moderate/neutral now), blue Berserkers (creation) and … ? … maybe the "good" cleric remnants on the far right side ('creation'). Maybe the 6th Power? Or is the 6th Power the independent path?

Anyway, PB said in the Gronkh stream that the factions would be fully revealed in a few weeks. We'll find out before too long .

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

September 27th, 2021, 05:18
Personally, I'm most interested in the independent path since that will be a first for a PB game. Whenever I get around to playing the game, I will most likely stick to staying factionless. I'm wondering which advantages/disadvantages this will have. The factions are usually linked to a playstyle (Berserkers = magic users) so it will be quite interesting to see which skills/spells you can learn as a factionless character. Will you be a jack of all trades, master of none? We'll see…
Have they confirmed that we'll be able to stay independent for the entire game? I must have missed that. I also wonder if staying independent counts as one of the five choices or if it creates a total of six.

… and then there is the obvious questions what became of the Outlaws and the Clerics? The Outlaws might still be there (Nasty is a confirmed returning character) but the Clerics are a huge unknown… what happened to them after they found out that Calaan is a lie? Are they -or remnants of them- the Morkons? Or will they return as a differently named faction?
I think PB said two of the three factions from Elex 1 would be joinable in Elex 2. So one of those factions should still be joinable since it's obvious the Berserkers are the other.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)

September 27th, 2021, 05:33
I eventually hope they remove factions as being a requirement to progress the main story line. They should be highly desirable though i.e. providing power and maybe direct assistance for the main story line. Having more factions sounds good, it could be interesting to perhaps have some that are non-exclusive (minor factions) in a future PB game. I'm thinking along the lines of - Join the beserkers and join the theives guild (Claws) or similar. Would be nice if factions like the claws had their own mid-tier armours etc.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

September 27th, 2021, 08:47
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Have they confirmed that we'll be able to stay independent for the entire game? I must have missed that. I also wonder if staying independent counts as one of the five choices or if it creates a total of six.
It's confirmed and it's the sixth choice. Five factions + the independent path. That's why I'm wondering if the "6th Power" by Dawkins is literally that sixth and independent path or if Dawkins' 6th Power is one of the five joinable factions.

I think PB said two of the three factions from Elex 1 would be joinable in Elex 2. So one of those factions should still be joinable since it's obvious the Berserkers are the other.
Then it must be the Berserkers and the Outlaws. The Clerics must have fallen apart after the events of the first game. I believe it is possible that they split up and maybe some of them joined or formed the 'destruction' Morkon faction while the others might have created a new faction which we don't know the name of yet. The evil part of the Morkon and their bloodhounds, which are at war with the Berserkers, are religious zealots worshiping a dark God so I wouldn't be surprised if those guys are ex-clerics.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

+1:

September 27th, 2021, 10:38
Originally Posted by Denril View Post
I think they look like the Fallout talking heads of yore. They look all a bit "pronounced".

Not a game-breaker for me, though.
Last edited by Darkheart; September 27th, 2021 at 14:46.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 28th, 2021, 23:05

Anyway, PB said in the Gronkh stream that the factions would be fully revealed in a few weeks. We'll find out before too long .

During the Fextralife stream I heard Herbert on the radio. You know, the Clerics propaganda guy from Elex 1. He said he's "broadcasting from orbit", so maybe they found a way to finish Calaan and went into space. Maybe even built a space station with their fairly advanced tech once they stopped fighting Albs.
Or it's just propaganda and they simply stopped existing as a faction.

LoneWoof

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 29th, 2021, 11:40
I can see Risen 3 all there. Except Risen 3 had amazing almost naked women. In ELEX 2 I only saw ugly female models. Soo.. this game is worse!
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
+1:

September 29th, 2021, 12:07
At least that clarifies a lot about your standards of game quality.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX 2 - Gameplay and first impressions