RPGWatch Feature - Pathfinder: Kingmaker Review

The only thing I dislike about all the patches is that GOG Galaxy is terrible at patching. It slows the computer down to a crawl even during the actual download process, instead of just during the patching, which differs from the likes of Steam, Battle.net, Origins etc.

Yep some things I hate about GOG patches.:(

1. Patch numbering system
  2. They usually patch a day later then Steam
  3. Installation of the patches & DLC slows down pc
  4. Having to download the whole game again if its a large patch

Last edited:
Yup, that's a huge reason why I put this game on hold back in October, the constant patches made it difficult to play when I wanted to play. Once all the patches are in and sorted, then I'll be back to finally complete this one, the additional problem seems to be that when more content is released, the whole mega-patch cycle seems to start all over again.

Yep some things I hate about GOG patches.:(

1. Patch numbering system
  2. They usually patch a day later then Steam
  3. Installation of the patches & DLC slows down pc
  4. Having to download the whole game again if its a large patch

1. Absolutely agree, it's horror
2. Publisher/developer is IMO to blame for this, not GOG
3. Buy i9! Kidding. They definetly need to optimize the process better.
4. I didn't have a case like this, but if true, it's a disaster

4. I didn't have a case like this, but if true, it's a disaster
Only happen's when a game gets a major patch update. These small hot-fixes are not a problem as it was the 1.1 and 1.2 patches when my whole game was re-downloaded.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Backer Rewards — Signed Premium Collector's Edition

We are glad to show off the Signed Premium Collector's Edition of "Pathfinder: Kingmaker", available to all backers who supported us on Kickstarter at the appropriate level! Hope you like it as much as we do!
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Update #65 - Physical Rewards
First things first: we are finally reaching the end of our shipping campaign! This week we've shipped the last batch of regular boxed editions - around 200 copies. As for Collector's editions, there are about 300 of those left. Our estimate is that 99% of all physical rewards should arrive to their rightful owners in about a month, with the majority arriving in two weeks. If you suddenly realized that you had purchased a regular or Collector's boxed edition and forgot to give us your address - no worries, we'll send you your stuff! More on that later.

We are deeply sorry that it took us so long to deliver your physical rewards. Even though we knew that manufacturing and international shipping are quite complicated affairs and did our best to plan accordingly, we were unable to anticipate some of the pitfalls, and as a game developer, we didn't have a person on board who had the necessary experience to warn us in advance.

Totally makes me remember my creed about never pledging an amount that would purchase physical media items. Shipping today is just so wonky, unless you are fully ingrained into the process, like Amazon, Target, etc. Must be a huge chore for private citizens to complete.

Totally makes me remember my creed about never pledging an amount that would purchase physical media items. Shipping today is just so wonky, unless you are fully ingrained into the process, like Amazon, Target, etc. Must be a huge chore for private citizens to complete.
I remember following Obsidian for PoE and PoE2 and they explained how it's a pain in the ass. You have to order so many copies and pick a certain date or miss out.

Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me, one that I shall continue to avoid!
That's why a publisher helping with distribution is necessary.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Arcane Unleashed Free DLC Available - Steam

An arcane scroll merchant will appear in your capital. The quantity and caster level of available scrolls depends on how high your "Arcane" kingdom stat is.
Furthermore, if you like turning into giant dragons as much as we do, you'll definitely enjoy the fresh, improved models for chromatic and metallic types of these formidable creatures.

Finally, on a more serious note, the last part of this DLC is a new pet. One of our players and our friend, known to the community as Stratagemini, lost his beloved cat Tiger just weeks before the launch of our game. Stratagemini has been with us since the earliest days of development, supporting us every step of the way, providing extensive and enlightening feedback in the alpha, and helping to shape this community into what it is today. As a token of our eternal gratitude, we've recreated Tiger in the game so that he may roam with his human friend once more - if only in the Stolen Lands.

Dear lord, another update? I'm starting to believe that I'll never get back to this game!
Plenty more on the way this year I'm afraid to say.

I almost forgot a new Hot-fix patch was released also.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1822175863327047526

Please, be aware of plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest and Area sections)!

Areas

• When returning to Lostlarn Keep in the main campaign, if Varn's General is alive and guarding the portal, the player could receive the sword that the General is using in the cutscene. This wasn't supposed to happen. Resolution: fixed.
  • In very rare cases, interacting with the fog in the "House at the Edge of Time" area could lead to incorrect behavior of said fog. Resolution: as a temporary measure, we've added a way to restore the fog's function. You can trigger it by changing floors in the House at the Edge of Time.

Quests

• Certain kingdom conditions can lead to a decreased chance of random encounters on the global map. This had the unintended side effect of making it too hard to find your throne in the "Runaway Throne" quest. Resolution: now there is a kingdom event that will disclose the throne's location if the quest hasn't been completed after a while.
  • In Pitax, the quest log didn't follow the progression of the main quest properly. Resolution: fixed.

Items

• Scroll of Hypnotism had an incorrect Spell Level. Resolution: fixed.
  • Scroll Of Summon Monster IV d4+1 didn't work. Resolution: fixed.

Miscellaneous

• Willas Gunderson's portrait didn't display during dialogues. Resolution: fixed.
A friendly reminder: while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please, report these issues to the mod's original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly. If you wish to play with mods anyway, disabling auto-updates might prevent your save files from becoming corrupted.

Also beta for 1.3 is also out on Steam and GoG. And it has a few hundred fixes again :D
And it has barely improved Kingdom Management that they said they also want to improve. So expect patch 1.4 in some future as well :D

Also beta for 1.3 is also out on Steam and GoG. And it has a few hundred fixes again :D
And it has barely improved Kingdom Management that they said they also want to improve. So expect patch 1.4 in some future as well :D
So a few more hot-fixes before patch 1.3 followed by a few more till patch 1.4 then.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Ok, darnnit all, guess I'll be picking this one up again sometime....next year. Maybe. At least I do have quite the backlog with games that are actually complete!

Ok, darnnit all, guess I'll be picking this one up again sometime….next year. Maybe. At least I do have quite the backlog with games that are actually complete!
Smart choice as more DLC will released that will need fixing also.

Smart choice as more DLC will released that will need fixing also.

lol

The never end cycle!

I'm like Carnifex, I haven't touched it since release, waiting for a long cooldown in patching that doesn't seems to be happening.

They really are taking fan feedback seriously :) I'm happy with more content! Been so busy lately, I haven't had chance to play but looking forward to picking it up again when life settles down a bit! :D

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Patch v1.3 Open Beta Live (Part 1 and Part 2)
Dear pathfinders, We are happy to inform that the Beta of Version 1.3 is available for everyone - this time on GoG as well as Steam!

Back
Top Bottom