11 days to Grimoire release. Yay.

But the upcoming litigation will hold the game back for at least 3 years.

Watch for the timing of the announcement.

My bet is that it will happen when there are 3 bugs left.

The problem with this countdown is that at the end of it he will just release another new Superdemo. It won't be the final release.

After 20 years I'm starting to have doubts whether he really wants to ever release the game or not. I don't doubt he did something. I played the demo and it's a definite proof that there's dedicated good work going there.

I'm not a mind reader, but maybe he just doesn't want to release it, or only release it after his death. We know he is a peculiar individual, and it wouldn't be the first time something like that happens, like the poets who never release their work...

I think he enjoys stringing us on a bit, but I think he will ultimately release it (unless he has heart attack or something).

At this point who cares. I have far better games to spend my time on now.:movingon:

I'll definitely check it out upon release if "objective" people say it's worth trying.

But I'm not likely to enjoy it much. The last Wizardry game I enjoyed was Wiz 6 way back in the day. Wiz 8 was like an endless combat simulator - and for whatever reason, I never got into Wiz 7. I had an Amiga in its heyday.

At this point who cares. I have far better games to spend my time on now.:movingon:

I do because we haven't had a good blobber packed with content that doesn't compromise on the gameplay system. MMX was good but it was never the same as Wizardry. This is basically Wizardry VII on steroids and that's something that will be fabulously interesting.

Look, Cleve and I may have had our differences, but as one of only 2 people who has finished the entire game twice (back when I was a beta tester) it is still a great, fun game if you enjoy that style (Wiz 7, 8) which I do. If you've played the superdemo and enjoyed it, the game actually gets even better once it opens up from the massive starting areas.

If I ever get a chance to sit down and play the whole thing I am sure I will enjoy it a ton. However I don't get too worked up on release dates these days anyway. It will come out "some day" I am sure. That's good enough for me.

Can you even buy wizardry 6 and 7 anywhere? I'm more interested in them then the never-ending drama (sorry to derail the thread)

You can get Wizardry 6 and 7 on Steam for $4.99 each. You can also get Wizardry 8 for $9.99. Every once in a while they go on sale and you can get them all cheap (I got all three for $4.99).

Just make sure not to get the 'gold edition' of wiz 7 it has some bugs and annoyances.

Back
Top Bottom